Part 11

District 12 sutite - dining room

Amara sits at the table with Effie and the two stylists, enjoying their meal. When Effie notices Haymitch has arrived, he wawes for her to join them.

Effie: Haymitch, come join us. We ordered your favorite for dinner.

Haymitch: Oh, fantastic? - He says as he teakes a seat.

Amara: Where's Peeta? - she asks, turning towards Haymitch.

Haymitch: He's in his room. But listen, tomorrow is the last day, we can practice with the tributes before the game. So, we start at 9 with you, okay?

Amara: And what about Peeta?

Haymitch: He said he wants to prepare alone from now on. - Effie and Cienna just silently look at Amara, waiting for her reaction.

Ron asks in astonishment, "Why would he want to prepare alone for anything?

Amara: Why? - she asks confusedly.

Haymitch: It's normal in situations like these, after all, there can only be one victor.

Amara continues to look at him, bewiidered. Effie, noticing this, tires one again to steer the conversation away from the topic.

Effie: We could have some chocolate-covered strawberries! - She gestures with his hand, trying to lift the mood with the others.

Caesar Flickerman interviews

Annoucer: Ladies and gentlemen! Your favorite host, Caesar Flickerman!

Caesar dramatically turns his chair towards the audience, waving with flait.

Caesar: Thank you, than you, welcome, welcome and welcome to the 74th Hunger Games! About 5 minutes later, they all arrive- all the tributes they've heard about. Are you already waiting for them?

The crowd cheers, shouts, and applauds while Caesar laughs joyfully.

I can't imagine how those people can be so happy while sending children to fight to the death in an arena. - says Arthur. "Most of them were born into this, they've seen this, and for them, it's what's considered good. It's natural to them." replies Finnick.

dressing room

Amara turns to look at herself in the mirror, wearing the red dress Cienna made for her, while cIenna sits on the couch watching.

Oh my God, she's beautiful. - Lily watches her daughter with teary eyes, amazed at how beautiful she looks.

Cienna: Beautiful!

Amara: I don't feel that way.

Cienna: Can't you really see how beatiful you are?

Amara: No, and I don't know how to make myself like that. How would you do it?

Cienna: I've also grown fond of you.

Amara: It's different. I didn't want that.

Haymitch bursts into laughter at this remark.

That's what it's about, be yourself. I'll be there throughout. Imagine you're talking to me. Okay? - he says, adjusting a stray lock of hair.

Amara: Okay.

Caesar interviews

Caesar: Let's see if it really shines, let's welcome Glimmer with a huge round of applause!

Glimmer, in a frothy short dress, walks towards Caesar with a big smile, waving. They show the other tributes standing in a line in the background, waiting their turn.