Part 8

Training center

The Tributes stand in the room, which is filled with all sorts of weapons.

Trainer: In two weeks, twenty three of íou will be dead.

Oh, merlin, what the heck are they doing with that poor kid? mutters McGonagall to herself.

Trainer: Only one of you will survive. - Shows Amara'S slightly frightened face as Cato keeps looking at her provocatively.

What the hell is wrong with this guy? - Harry aks angrily. "He considers it a fomidable opponent, so he tries to intimidate." - explains Enobaria. The Potter family watches the screen in horror, not wanting anything to happen to Amara.

Trainer: Who that is depeans on how well you pay attention over the next four days.

The screen displays the two youngest contestans, Rue from District 11, who is 12 years old, and the boy from District 4, also 12 years old.

Oh God, they're so young. - sobs Molly and LIly.

Trainer: First of all, you don't attack each other.

The camera shows Marvel and Glimmer, the tributes from District 1, standing confidently.

Trainner: You'll have plenty of oppourtunities for that in the arena.

They shows Clove from District 2, and Peeta.

Trainer: There are four compulsory tasks, the rest are optional.

They will then show Foxface from District 5 and Tresh from District 11, who stands with crossed arms.

Trainer: I suggest you familiarize yourselves with the rules of survival.

Cato stands with a bored expression, listening silently.

Trainer: Everyone wants to fight, but the majority meet a natural death. 10% succumb to infection, while 20% perish from thirst. Nature can be deadlier than a knife.

The camera slowly reveals the sponsors seated in the balcony, watching the tributes while laughing, chatting, and drinking.

"And they just happily watch from up there?" James asks nervously. "Mostly yes, but most of the thime, they don't even pay attention to us" Amara replies.

Afterward, they begin to train, showing Marvel practicing with a spear, Cato honing his skills with a sword, all while the sponsors simply watch them.

Wow, they're really good. - says Ron.

It shows a boy attempting to crawl along the obstacle while hanging, then he falls, landing on his ankle.

Uh, that must have hurt. - desclares Fred.

Foxface quikly completes the memorization task.

Wow, she's fast and clever. - exclaims Hermione.

Two younger tributes try to start a fire, some are training with the coaches. Amara waits in line, anticipanting her turn when she hears Cato shouting. She turns around to see what's happening.

Cato: Where is my knife?

Tributes: I didn't touch it.

Cato: You took my knife. - he says and then shoves her.

Tributes: Don't touch me! I didn't take anything!

He starts attacking the boy from District , and as soon as the peacekeepers spot it, they rush towards them.

Cato: You're lying! - he accuses, trying to approach, but the peacekeepers pull him back.

Tributes: Get off me! - he shouts back.