Part 10

District 12 residental suite - living room

Amara and Peeta sit on the couch holding hands, while Cienna sits across from them. Effie angrily berates Amara.

Effie: Have you lost your mind?

He lost it long time ago. - quietly note that, Haymitch, as she pours alcohol into his glass.

Effie: Angry? You do realize your behavior reflects poorly on us too, right?

Cienna: They're only interested in the show.

Effie: And what about good manners, Cienna? What's the story there?

Haymitch walks into the room.

Effie: At last. I hope you realize how much trouble we're in.

Haymitch turns to Amara, smiling, and raises his thumb, promting a smile from Amara.

Haymitch: Nice shot, sweetheart. - He smiles like an idiot, while Effie glares at him angrily.

In the Great hall, many people smile at what has transpired.

Haymitch: Wha- what did they say when you shot the apple? - He asks, laughing, as he sinks into one of the white armchairs.

Amara: Well, they were petrified.

Haymitch: Oh, really? He laughed maniacally, Cienna smiled, while Effie paced nervously.

Haymitch: And what did you say? Thanks for the...

Amara: Their attention. - Amara and Haymitch laugh together.

Haymitch: Brilliant! Brilliant! - He continues laughing.

Effie: You won't find it funny if the Gamekeepers punish him! - she yells nervously.

Punished? Lily asks worriedly. "Don't worry Lily-flower they won't punish him. - James tries to reassure.

Haymitch: Oh, who? Amara? Or Peeta? They've already done it. Loosen your corset and have a drink instead. I would have given anything to see it, anything. - he adds seriously.

Well, it seems your wish came true, Haymitch. - Finnick says with a smile. "Oh, indeed, this is truly priceless." He laughs drunkenly as he continues drinking with Sirius.

A little later, they turned on the TV to listen to the announed scores.

Caesar: As yo know, the trinutes were scored from 1 to 10 based on their performance over the past three days. The gamekeepers take everything into account.

Marvel's picture appears on the screen.

Caesar: From district One, Marvel receives a score of 9... Cato receives a scrore 10, and Clove score is 10.

Wow, they're really good! Several express concern. "yes, but that's not suprising" Amara smiles bitterly.

They watch the scores attentively as the scores for district 11 announcer.

Caesar: From district 11, Tresh receives a score of 9. Rue score of 7.

Conseridering how young she is, this is good, right? Molly asks. "Yes, it's a good score for her" responds Amara

Caesar: From District 12, Peeta Mellark..

Everyone pays closer attention to the screen. Peeta leans forward in his seat, holding Amara's hand.

Caesar: score of... 8.

They all rejoice at his score, and Amara hugs him.

Effie: Congratulations, That's quite good. - Effie nods proudly, while Cienna smiles at him.