Chapter 1: Taken

"Come on Skyler!" my friend Izzy screeched with laughter as I stood in the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror.

I'm not a social bug, according to Izzy, so I'm being dragged to a party with her and her brother, Luke. Making sure I look at least decent, I opened the door, Izzy hopping to her feet as she scanned me up and down, her face lighting up with delight. I just smiled and watched as she spun her finger telling me to spin so I did so, my dress spinning in the air as I lightly spun on my toes slowly. Izzy clapped her hands like a little child before looking at her alarm clock.

"Oh my! We need to split it before Luke thinks we died!" she laughed grabbing my wrist and I slipped the heelless top shoes on, laughing.

With Izzy having a grip on my wrist, I followed her down the stairs to her living room where her brother, Luke sat, tapping his foot. She let go of my wrist and went into the kitchen leaving me and Luke in silence as he stood up. Smiling when he saw that I was in a dress.

"Call the news Izzy! It's a rare Skyler Oaks sighting!" He laughed looking at me as I just rolled my eyes at him.

"So, how much did my sister have to pay you to get in the dress?" He said raising his eyebrows at me. I just laughed.

"First, Izzy didn't have to pay me anything. Second, I got in this willingly." I said, holding two figures in the air wiggling them. Luke just chuckled.

"Sure." He said, making me punch his shoulder.

It was funny how we both treated each other, mainly because he was my ex boyfriend. Yes, I dated my friend's brother. I couldn't hold myself back. I dated him for about two years before I grew bored, and plus, we got in many, many fights and it was breaking Izzy's poor little heart so I decided how to fix it. I broke up with him, yes, I Skyler Oaks, broke up with him.

I just laughed and turned my attention back to Izzy, who came skipping into the kitchen, her dress flying in the air as she stopped, her heels hitting the wood flooring with a silent click. She just smiled and Luke puts his phone between his arm and clapped, whistling, making Izzy blush and laugh.

"Alright you two, let's go." He said moving his arms out so we were heading towards the door laughing.

The drive hadn't been too long, I let Izzy sit in the front so her and Luke could talk. Both laughing at random moments making me wonder what they found so funny. But I just ignored them and looked outside the car window, seeing the sunset lighting up some of the sky before it would retire to its bed and let the moon start it's turn.

It was maybe around 7 o'clock when we reached the house. Now, I didn't know what kind of party this was, Izzy hadn't told me much beside the fact that the invitation was dropped in her locker, giving her the address and everything. I got out and looked at the small building in front of us, every window lit up, music blaring from it.

"Come on, Sky!" Izzy said grabbing my wrist pulling me towards the house, Luke following behind us.

I took note of everything around us, including the boy who sat under the tree close to the front door, smoking. He puffed out a bit of smoke before whistling at Izzy and I, a smile across his lips as he replaced the cigarette back into his mouth. I was kind of happy now that Luke came. When we walked into the house, Fall out boy was playing, the music turned up loud. I swear I could feel the building shake.

"Izzy! Are you sure this is the right place!?" I tried to yell over the music but she didn't hear me.

She finally let us stop by the stairs, looking around, a smile across her face. I looked at Luke and he just shrugged. I watched as boys walked past us, dressed in nice clothing close to Luke himself, laughing about something, making me want to chase after them and see what they were talking about, but I just shook my head and looked to see Izzy shutting her phone off, along with mine.

"Hey!" I yelled. But she still didn't hear me. After she got done with that, she turned towards Luke and I who stood there, acting like we had no idea what to do.

"I'm going to go see if I can meet some hot guys!" She yelled, soon heading towards the main room. Luke quickly going after her, turning towards me before she pulled him in.

"Be careful!" He yelled and I heard him, seeing him disappear.

I had no idea what to do, I mean, I never really went to parties like these. What had Izzy gotten us into? I was about to head towards the door when I bumped right into someone, both of us letting out an 'oops.'

"Oh! I-I'm so sorry!" I said looking up, my eyes going wide to see the stranger who I ran into. My eyes nearly popping out of my head and he must of seen because he started laughing.

"No need to be sorry, I'm the one who was drinking and walking." He said lifting his glass to show me. I narrowed my eyes and looked at it more, seeing it was clear liquid that swished inside the glass. Water. It was just water. I let out a sigh of relief.

I could only smile as he said a few things, and there was a few moments that I noticed he was looking at my body, his eyes looking hungrily making me change the subject quickly.

"I have to go, it was nice to meet you, sir." I said giving a friendly smile and slipping past him and heading towards the door. As I was close to the door, I stopped in my tracks hearing him yell at me.

"The name is Mason!" He said rising his glass of water at me before turning and leaving, disappearing into the crowd of people.

****

We stayed at the party for a few hours until it was 11 o'clock at night. Izzy had had a good laugh and of course, Luke guarded his sis, watching every boy like a hawk. As we made our way towards the car, Izzy wouldn't shut up about all the hot guys she saw, making me and Luke just both shake our heads. If I wouldn't have been so tried, I would of been ready for what happened next.

Luke was about to unlock the car when figures came out of nowhere, surrounding us. Luke dropped the keys as Izzy let out a scream, hands wrapping around her. I stood frozen in fear as the same happened to me, a hand being placed over my mouth, the person's other hand wrapping around my body like a snake, squeezing me tight, making me let out a small muffed cry. Both Izzy and I had one guy on us will who knows how many had a hold of Luke, who tried to fight back, getting kicks and punches to his body in return. Luke finally collapsed onto the ground and the figures pinned him to the hard concrete. I noticed that Izzy was shaking hard, watching with horror in her eyes as Luke was pinned down, a few grunts escaping his mouth before someone placed something in his mouth. I nearly flinched away when a finger ran lightly across my chin, making me squirm in the person's grip.

"These two are going to be perfect. We can use the boy as something for sure." A deep voice growled. I wanted to scream for help so badly but the person who had me had their hand pressed hard against my mouth.

I didn't even see where the figure went, before I knew it, I saw them yank Luke up to his feet and pull the object out of his mouth and before he could curse, a cloth was placed over his mouth and nose and I heard Izzy's full on screams as Luke's eyes rolled to the back of his head and he went limp. What I didn't know was that the same was going to be done to me. The hand was removed and I started to scream for help along with Izzy as a figure stepped in front of me, pulling out another cloth, I couldn't see his face with the hockey mask on and I didn't have much time either. With force, the cloth was placed over my mouth and nose. I tried to hold my breath but when a sweet voice spoke in my ear, it made me take in a breath as I felt a hand slide up my dress, the man's hands rubbing up and down my leg. The smell was sweet and I couldn't stop from breathing it in. In a matter of minutes, I started to feel light headed. The man's voice repeating inside my head like a record that was broken and repeating the same song over and over again.

"You're all mine now."

With that, I allowed the darkness to consume me.