Chapter 18: Deeper

Agent Charles Wolfe's POV

"Hello, Wolfe!" The lady at the desk for the crime boxes piped up once she saw Agent Charles walking up, his hands placed in his pockets.

Agent Charles was just your everyday guy you would see the street. Kind and sweet hearted. He had been in the FBI for about six years and now, he normally never enjoyed taking part in cases but this one, this one grabbed at him, and he was determined to help find these kids, and bring them back home. But since the body was found of one of the young teens, it made everything different, he was going to start from the beginning and start with the first missing teen, Lucy Stark.

"Hey, do you mind if you can get Lucy Stark's evidence box?" He said giving a half smile, his eyes showing how much his body was begging for sleep.

"Sure, just wait here." She said pushing out from the deck, standing up and making her way towards the tall rows of boxes, holding evidence that lead to many cases that Charles himself could even begin to remember.

He tapped his foot as he looked down at the plan floor below his feet, rubbing his eyes and taking a quick glance at the clock. 5:09 PM, which meet he hadn't slept in 28 hours. He let out a little yawn before he spotted the lady walking back towards him, a white box in her hands that looked like she was struggling with. Her heels clicking on the floor as she finally set the box hard onto the desk, making the jar of pencils jump a little. She brushed her bangs behind her ear as she grabbed a pen of red ink and scribbled his name across it, pausing for a moment and looking up at him.

"Who long?" She said, her lips in a straight line as she held the pen a few inches from the paper taped to the lid.

"About a week." He said lifting his chin and watching as she scribbled that down. There was around 6 other people's name written across the box above his, all before who tried working at the case before him.

"Alright, it's all yours." She said lifting up the box and he had his hands out, ready to take it and ready to look deeper into the clues.

With that, he nodded and took the box in his hands, walking away from the lady, the box heaver then he thought but he shrugged it off, using his back, he pushed the door open and walked out into the misty day, dark clouds hovering above the city. He kept on walking, ignoring the eyes that locked onto him, some seeing the FBI agent badge hocked up to his side. Setting the box on top of the car, he opened the passenger seat and placed the box in the seat, closing the door with a soft bang, he walked around to the other side and opened the door to the driver's side where he got in, closing the door with a little harder bang this time. The car fired to life and he turned the wheel, making the car pull out of its parking spot and drive back towards the main office. When he stopped at a red light, he looked at the box and reached his hand across and took the lid off the white box, setting it to side as he took a look inside. Everything was in bags which meet he had to wear gloves. He returned his attention back to the road just as the light turned green and the car went forward, Charles leaning back into the chair.

When he finally pulled up into the building's parking garaged, he pulled close to the door and turned the car off. He walked over to the passengers car and opened the door, placing the lid back onto the box and took it out, closing the door with his foot, making the car let out two clicks and lights flickering showing it was locked. He made his way over to the main doors and used his back once again to push open the door, he walked into the office, only a few lights on in a few rooms. He walked over to his desk were he set down the box, walking around and pulling out a box of latex gloves and putting his hands into them.

Now it was time for the box. He slowly reached across and pulled the lid of off, setting it to the left as he pulled out what looked to be her journal that her parents must of given up. He unzipped the plastic bag, the small journal sliding into the palm of his hand. He looked at the journal's design. Letter stickers covered the small cover, Lucy's name across it and with that, he opened it. As he flipped through the small book, he noticed how the young girl put her dates, which meet this was going to be a easy. He turned the page and stopped seeing it was just blank, turning back to the other page, he notice that what was written down was written just a day before her disappearance. He sat down in his chair and started to read.

August 19, 2013,

I don't know what to do right now, I feel as someone is watching me and no one is believing me. Their all saying I'm crazy, and I know I'm not. It all started about a month ago when I was in Mr. Peter's class, math and I happened to look out the window and see a very dim shadow standing by a tree. I thought it was just some stupid kid who was skipping a class until three days later, I noticed the same shadow standing in the same spot, this time, it was in Ms. Derek's class. It started to become worse when I saw a black van a few houses down parked start to show up. I don't know what to do, I just went to my Ex boyfriend today and he told me the same thing, that I was going mad.

I know I'm not crazy. I just hope that this is all just one big prank to scare me before the big game on Saturday. I guess that for now, I'll just watch my back and take note on things. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? I get kidnapped? Like that's going to happen. Until next time I guess.

~ Lu

Charles blinked, looking at the last words written before Lucy Stark went missing, his eyes reading over the few last words that she had written down.

I mean, what's the worst that can happen? I get kidnapped? Like that's going to happen.

Agent Charles rubbed his gloved hand over his face. The girl had written down her fate a day before she was taken, most likely by the same people who took Izzy Toland and the other missing teens. Closing the journal, he set it on the table, looking at it. No one had believed her when she said she saw someone watching her, which meet, this girl had been known of this spy for over a month and no one said on word about it. Standing up, he placed the journal back into the bag and closed it, and reached in, pulling out a pink and baby blue sport's bag inside a large bag, and just like with the journal, he pulled it out, unzipping it to show what was inside. Sport clothing, knee pads, everything a girl would need for volleyball. That was when he looked closely at something stuck in the zipper, grabbing some tweezers and grabbed at it, pulling it from the zipper and he held it up to the light.

"What do we have here?" He said tilting his head.

A black hair was trapped between the tweezers, the light making it more see able. Agent Charles smiled. He know for a faked that Lucy Stark's hair was brown, not black. Lowering down the hair, Agent Charles's smile grow.

He had just found a clue.