Chapter 23: Not a pillow

My sleep had been strange. When I started to slowly wake up, I forgot all of the dreams I ever had, if I even had any. I pressed my face harder into the soft pillow I was lying on, it was warm which was strange but I didn't bother to look and see why. I put my hands on it and tried to move it but it didn't move, instead, the pillow shifted under me, moving. Since when could pillows move? I mumbled something and turned around, pressing my face harder into the pillow, getting the soft pillow to chuckle.

I narrowed my eyes in confusion. Two things, the pillow moved on me, and it just chuckled. Was this a dream? I opened one eye to see what was making my pillow do such things and I was not prepared to see it was someone's chest. I let out a squeak of surprise and sat up, rubbing my eyes. When I saw who it was, my cheeks light up red seeing it was Chip. He started laughing softly, slowly sitting up. I pressed my face into my hands, I never felt so embarrassed before.

"I couldn't' figure out what you were doing." Chip, holding his side as he tried to stop his laughing, this was funny to him.

"Jerk." I mumbled and Chip was laughing hard, his eyes closing shut as he had to whip the tears he was crying away.

Chip had finally managed to stop his laughing, his face a little red. I just looked away, my cheeks still red. I still couldn't believe that I thought he was a pillow. When I looked back over at him for a split second, that was when I realized he wasn't wearing a shirt. I thought I was going to be sick.

"Okay." He said taking in a breath to ease himself.

"Your clothes are in the bathroom." He said pointing towards the door and I looked that direction, looking back at him.

He raised his eyebrow, looking left and right like I was looking at something he had. "What?" He said confused, looking back up at me.

"Your. Shirt." I said turning around and quickly heading into the bathroom.

I closed the door behind me, leaning against it and taking in a few breaths. I closed my eyes, my chest raising a little. I needed to figure out some way to call for help, I didn't know here Atticus, Heath or any of the other boys were being held and I could feel something a little off now around everyone, and it was making me edgy. I took in a ease breath and just quickly got into the shower, cleaning my knotted hair as I was deep in thought, thinking of ways on what to do. I hadn't seen anyone's phone which meet I need to put on a act and get someone to give me the phone.

That's not too hard, right?

After I got out, I saw what clothes Chip was talking about, they were just simple relaxing type of clothes which made me kinda nerves to put them on, but I did anyways. Looking down at the shirt. I rolled my eyes on what was printed across it. Pulling my hair up messy, I opened the door to find the bed was empty, unmade. I slowly peeked over the corner to make sure he wasn't hiding and he wasn't. So I stepped out into the room, making my way towards the door that was wide open. I didn't really like this feeling, the house was to quiet, so I slowly tip toed down the hall, looking at everyday door to make sure it wouldn't fly open. That was when I heard someone yelling from downstairs and that made me freeze in place, listening to the person yelling.

"One of them got out!" The voice yelled and I knew it as the man named Sean.

"Mason, Chip, Forest, he must of made a run towards the woods, you guys go and find him, alive please." The man said and I slowly started making my way towards the stairs, slowly going down the stairs, watching the shadows that moved back and forth.

As I came down the stairs more, I noticed Chip pushing back his chair that he was sitting in, something silver in his hands. I swallowed and noticed Aby standing in the far corner, her face hit with fear. She looked up at me, her eyes showing how much fear she was in.

What's going on? I mouthed.

She didn't saying anything at first. It's Heath, he got out. She said rubbing her fingers on her shirt, she looked uneasy.

Heath? What did she mean he got out? I hadn't seen him since I had awaken up here.

I looked at her to see if she would say anymore but her eyes were locked on the silver object in Chip's hands. I looked at it, my heart stopping in place. He was holding a gun, I didn't know if it was a gun or a tranquilizer, but either way, it wasn't good. He slide it into the side of his belt when he looked towards me, his hand falling from his side.

"Go back upstairs, both of you." Chip ordered and I just swallowed.

"Don't kill him." I said.

"Go. Back. Up. Stairs." Chip said once again, a little bit more harsh. The old Chip was starting to come back.

He didn't even let me answer, instead, he walked over to me, grabbed my elbow and started pulling me up the stairs. His grip was strong, and it hurt so I tried to get out of it. It was like cement. He pushed opened the door and pushed me in. I stumbled in and as soon as I spun around to stop him, he pulled the door shut, the click of a lock filling the room.

He did not just lock me in here.

I started banging my fist on the door, yelling and screaming. "Let me out!" The door moved back and forth as I banged on it with my fist. Chip had a gun, that never ended good.

I soon gave up and sank onto the floor, hugging my knees, praying that Chip was just going to give Heath a warning shot, and not hurt him. I just shook my head. I was really beginning to think that Chip was different, but it seemed like am I wrong. Chip was still the boy who ripped me apart from my life. That was when a bang came far from the house making me snap my head up, I could see through the window that birds were flying from the skies in large groups, taking off in all different ways. I swallowed, sinking against the wall, the sound of the birds blanking out everything else as I looked at the floor boards on the ground.

I had to escape, I needed to find a way out.