Chapter 20: She's grown her wings

The tears were just falling, I set the pan of food down and ran towards Luke, who welcomed me with his hands. I know, it was like one of those stupid movies were the characters ran towards each other in slow-motion but this one was different. Luke kept his arms locked around me and I cried a little more, his other hand just rubbing my back. Slowly, he set me down and put a hand on my cheek. His thumb running under my eyes as he whipped the tears away. But it looked like he might cry himself.

"Hey little thing." He mumbled, stepping into the kitchen a little more.

I kept my hands wrapped around him, the tears just falling. I thought I had lost everything but here was Luke, smiling at me. His hands stayed planted on my cheeks and I didn't push him away.

"Luke." I said pressing my face into his chest and he hugged me once again, rubbing my back.

"I-I" I couldn't find my words and he seemed to understand.

"I missed you too." He said putting my hair behind me ear.

After I pulled away from him, I whipped my tears away, looking at Luke. It was like seeing a ghost. His skin was a little bit more pale compared to the last time I had seen him but he seemed to still look the same, beside the longer hair part.

"Have you seen Izzy at all?" He asked and I froze, he didn't know. I looked down, closing my eyes. How was I suppose to tell him that his young sister was found dead.

"Luke," I said looking at him, he blinked a few times.

"Izzy is-" I went to say it but someone stepped into the kitchen.

"Aw, would you look at this, two servants making out." It was Forest. His eyes locked on us.

Luke looked at him, his hand falling from my shoulder. I looked at Luke but he didn't look at me, instead, he looked away. Forest walked in, his arms folded across his chest, he got into Luke's face.

"I've heard about you." He said and Luke looked at me for a split second. Forest uncrossed his arms.

"And your poor little sister, she cried and cried for her big brother, but no one came, man, she was one hottie." Forest said smiling. He was pushing Luke. Luke swallowed and just kept looking away.

"Where were you for your sister?" He asked and Luke finally met his eye contact.

"She kept on screaming for your name, but yet, she didn't realize that he wasn't going to be able to dive in to save her." I felt my heart taking up speed.

"And now, she's dead." He said and that made Luke snap. In a blink of a eye, Luke hit Forest. And I only watched as he grabbed his collar.

"You monster. My sister is not dead!" He yelled and I heard someone coming this way. With a bloody nose, Forest looked at Luke.

"How about you ask your little friend." He said looking at me, and I saw Luke look at me, his eyes showing how scared he was.

"She's not dead." Luke said to me, and I could feel the tears coming.

"Luke, Izzy-Izzy has grown her wings." I said in a sob just as Mason came rushing in, and quickly, he was pulling Luke off, Luke was in shock, he just looked at the ground as Mason locked Luke's hands behind his back. Forest sat up, keeping his hand pressed against his nose as he looked at Luke.

Forest sat up and removed his hand from his nose, looking to see blood, he looked at Luke who just lowered his head, not fighting against Mason. The tears started to fall, I didn't know what to do.

"Tobias, come here!" Forest said rolling his sleeves up past his elbows and I looked towards the doorway to see Tobias walking in, stopping in his tracks.

"Hold Ms. Oaks please." He said looking at me, Tobias looked at Forest confused and Forest snapped his fingers. "I don't got all day." Forest said and Tobias slowly walked towards me and before he grabbed me, Forest stepped towards Luke and sent a hard punch into his stomach making him hunch over and start coughing. I screamed and went to move forward but Tobias soon saw what was happening and grabbed me, pulling me into his arms.

Forest sent a few more hits to Luke who was now on his knees, being for air. Mason still kept Luke's hands behind his back and I was crying, begging them to stop. But Forest just laughed and this time, he punched Luke right in the face, and that made him black out, his body connecting to the ground with a loud *thump* and Forest just laughed, turning towards me as I struggled to get out of Tobias's arms. I brought my foot down hard onto Tobias and he let me go, hopping on what foot as I rushed over, pushing Forest to the side. Forest stumbled back a little and looked at I knelt down my Luke's unconscious body, tears just streaming.

"You rat." Forest said grabbing me by the back of the shirt and pulling me up, locking his grip around my wrist and I winced, he was strong.

"Chip has taught you nothing!" Forest said as he pulled my out of the room. I was crying too hard to see him open what looked like a closet, stairs heading downstairs, he pulled me down the stairs and what I saw made me yelp and try to get out of his grip.

Five cages lined the walls, they looked like they could fit tigers inside and Forest opened one of the cages, and he just pushed me in. I landed on my knees, I couldn't even keep myself together, the tears were falling like a waterfall. I heard something land by me and I turned to see it was Luke, his hair covering his eyes. I crawled to him and pulled his head into my lap, looking up just as Forest slammed the door shot, locking it.

"Hope this teaches you both something." He said placing the keys in his pocket and he soon disappeared going up the stairs.

I just rubbed Luke's hair, tears falling nonstop. Luke was out cold and I know it was going to be a bit before he would decide to wake up so I stayed by him, running my hands through his hair, the crying never stopped, and I was sure it would never end.