Chapter 25: Bloody mess

I sat on the floor of the ground, glaring at the ground like it was going to put on a show for me. It had been hours now, and all I could hear was my ears ringing from my heartbeat. The sun was shining through the two window, making the room bright and warm, as I sat over in a dark corner, looking at the door every minute or so, thinking that someone was going to be opening it. Leaning my head against the wall, I stood up and walked over to the bookshelf, running my hand along the bottom. When Chip had thought I had fallen asleep, I saw him hide the TV remote under the bookshelf. I smiled as I pulled it out, laughing at how Chip thought I was so stupid. Hitting the power button, the TV's screen turning on. I leaned against the bed, watching as it just turned onto a random channel, the news, like always. The volume was off and I saw the words being typed just at the bottom of the screen to what they were talking about, I signed and as I went to change the channel, I looked up to notice bold words printed.

Breaking news

I raised my eyebrows in confusing, setting the remote to the side as the lady started talking, reading off a paper, her eyes scanning over it. I followed the words that were being formed on the bottom of the screen.

"We have just been told that the case involving Lucy Stark and the messing teens has been reopened do to breaking evidence that was found."

Okay, now they had my attention.

"As of 24 hours ago, the FBI has a suspect who might of been involved in the kidnapping of the teens and they ask for your help."

A picture soon showed up and I thought the air had been taken out of me.

"If you have seen this boy, Ayden Hill, please call the number below or call Silent witness." The woman said, after she had read the last few words, by the picture of Chip, it showed the two numbers. I still couldn't wrap my finger around what she had just said. Had Chip really taken Lucy? I wanted to turn the volume up but I heard someone talking so I turned off the TV and slowly made my way over to the door, pressing my ear against it.

"Have you heard from anyone of them?" I quickly know the voice from the man.

"No, they must of gotten pretty out there." Sean said.

They said a few more things but they were soon cut off to static coming from something.

"This-is-Mason." The voice said and I heard some moving around.

"Mason. Did you get him?" Sean's voice spoke.

"Oh, we got him, Forest got a little trigger Happy." There was movement from his voice.

"Is Forest with you?" The man said, he sounded mad.

"No, he isn't answering us." Mason said.

"What about Chip?"

"I'm here." Chip's voice came through as breath taking.

"And I need you guys to get a first aid kit, along with Aby and Skyler for when we get there." Chip said and that made me shutter when he said my name.

"Why?" Sean said.

"Didn't you hear Mason? Heath got shot, and he's losing blood to fast so I need those girls ready to take the bullet out."

"Okay."

"Is Tobias coming around?" Chip said.

"Ya, he doesn't remember what happened though and he has a horrible headache so we're letting him rest."

"See you soon." With that, everything went quiet and I pulled my ear away from the door. Heath had been shot, and Chip had just told them to get Aby and I to get ready to help. I swallowed. This was going to be fun.

It was no time after that the door to the room was opened and Sean stepped in, a key in his hand. He looked at me up and down before he ordered me out of the room. I just crossed my arms and walked past him, giving him a glare, he returned it.

"How are you with blood?" He asked as he followed me down the stairs.

I shrugged. "It depends on how much." I mumbled as I saw Aby pacing back and forth, the man just shaking his head. When Aby saw me, she stopped pacing and was at me side in a matter of seconds.

"Skyler, I'll need your help on this okay?" She said, what was she so worried about?

"Ok-" I was cut short when the door to the front of the house was swung open, Mason stepping off to the side as a barely standing Heath came walking in, Chip behind him. Heath almost went falling forward and I noticed that his hands were tied behind his back, Chip quickly grabbing his elbows and leading him to the chair.

Chip sat him down, and I had to cover my mouth, Heath looked horrible. And Mason and Chip didn't look any better. Aby looked at me as she was starting to cut the fabric out from around Heath's wound. "Water." She mouthed and I nodded, rushing towards the kitchen, I quickly grabbed a cup and started filling it up. After it was about halfway full, I went running back into the room, seeing that Chip and Mason were gone, leaving Sean with us. I just swallowed and walked back over to Aby, she looked at the cup of water.

"Pour it on his face." She said as she ripped some of his clothes away, the smell of blood becoming powerful.

I looked at Heath who's head was lowered, his chest slowly rising. I took in a breath and slowly lifting up his head, I slowly poured the water onto his face, and Heath started to cough, his mouth opening so he could catch some of it before he pulled away, coughing some of the water out.

"Hey! Keep that in your mouth!" Sean fired back, making Heath spit to the side, glaring at him weakly. Sean just rolled his eyes, looking away.

"Heath, where does it hurt?" Aby asked as she finally got his bloody shoulder exposed. Heath just mumbled.

"Everywhere." He said lowering his head.

"Tell me when it hurts." She said and she started poking his shoulder, looking at Heath, just waiting for him to flinch and when she touched close to his wound, he let out a powerful howl of pain, kicking his leg out.

"Skyler." She said looking at me, I just swallowed and looked right back at her.

"I need you to remove the bullet." She said handing me the tweezers and I went pale.

"N-n-o" I said beginning to shake.

"I can't. I'll kill him." I said looking at Aby, who just looked at me with her gentle eyes.

"I'll be right beside you, I have to make sure his pulse stays in place." She said placing her fingers to the side of his neck.

"On the count of three okay?"

I only nodded, my body shaking like a earthquake.

"One.....two....." Everything went in slow motion and I saw Heath looking at me with horror filled eyes.

You can do this, you can do this, it's just one pull, that's all.

"Three."

With that, I locked the tweezers around the bullet, and with one pull, a scream of pain filled the room.