Chapter 10

*Ashlyn's POV*

"Let's go Sharks!" I hear the lot of my team follow my cheers as we sit amongst the overwhelmingly crowded bleachers.

Score: 2-1 Sharks.

"These teens are pretty incredible you have to admit!" Jaycie remarks enthusiastically, speaking to no one in particular.

"I'd have to agree, and definitely not over stated. Especially considering this is the age Toben got signed to us." Hope, our goalie, remarks to everyone. A few nodded their heads in remembrance while those who joined soon after me gave a low cheer of admiration.

The game was overwhelmingly close. 3-3 tied up with a penalty kick for the Sharks, 5 seconds remaining in the game. Emily, the teen who hadoriginally invited me to the game when I ran into her on the street, took the kick. She had been playing striker all night, and I can tell she has a balanced stance, a well planted hit, and precise aiming. The goalie had every right to be sweating.

After a brilliant strike on the ball, it curved into the top left corner. The goalie's fingers tipped the ball before she fell to the ground. Before the goalie could even turn to see where the ball was, the sound of a siren blasted, which signified a goal.

My team, after cheering nearly as loud as the rest of the fans combined, flooded the field. The players were in disbelief that we attended the game. We gave our critiques to both teams and apologies to the other team for being one sided. They didn't seem to mind as they were more stunned that we had come to spectate their high school play off game.

After signing autographs and taking pictures with both teams we unwillingly departed from our fans, knowing we shouldn't postpone other events to be taken place in the stadium later.

I had an amazing time at the game but a little part of me still wished I'd stayed with Q longer.

"That was great Toben thanks for telling us! See you and Sav later this week for scrimmage. Maybe even see you at the penthouse later." Jaycie speaks for the rest of our teammates who were beginning to depart in all different directions.

"Yeah right, like any of you even step foot in there! You guys probably sleep in street corners just to avoid Sav!" I joke back.

"Hey!" Sav yells defensively at me.

The rest of our team who was still in ear shot could be heard laughing at our remarks. Eventually it was just me and Sav left on the sidewalk alone.

"Well I guess we could..." I hear Sav start to trail off. She placed her hands on her hips and started looking up around at buildings.

I feel a vibration from my phone and quickly pull it out, curious to see who could possibly be texting me.

Tours finished can you believe it? Missed hearing from you

I smile at the text from Josh, quickly responding. He's been texting me almost as frequently as well.. Him.

Sav snaps me back into reality.

"When did you start texting people!"

"When I decided you were too nosy I sought other company."

Sav scrunched her nose at me and before she continued to admire the skyscrapers around us. Still, I suppose she has a point. I don't text many people, or often, and now I have new contacts in my phone thanks to Brian and Sal and it's always pleasant to hear from Josh.

"Nah, it's Josh." I can't help but to smile broadly like an idiot when I say his name.

Josh is such a good guy. He's absolutely adorable. He's always a friend I can depend on for a laugh and cheer up. Lately he's been away on tour with him. Well he had texted me quite often for the first half of while they were away; everyday, even multiple times. When things got more busy for him I felt he was a little too distant. He didn't do anything wrong- I'm just selfish and had self inflicted sadness that came through his lack of attention.