2. Unexpected Alarms

Asther POV

The shrill ring of my phone disrupted the calm of my morning, cutting through the stillness like an alarm. It was a call I hadn't expected, and the voice on the other end delivered the news with a calculated calmness that sent a jolt through my veins. "Sir, our system was breached for one minute. No losses, everything is under control."

My first thought was one of silent rage. I hung up the phone, not waiting for polite conversation, and got ready for the day. The empire I built could not afford vulnerabilities, even if they lasted for a mere sixty seconds.

When I stepped inside the massive building that served as my empire, all the usual bustle seemed to stop. As I walked through, every single employee and aspect of my domain stood straight. It was not fear; it was a profound respect for the standards I demanded.

Veronica, my assistant, approached me and spoke to me in a professional manner, but her nervous voice revealed her anxiety as she told me, "Sir, there are people waiting for you in the meeting room.The hacking incident needs to be discussed."

The meeting room's atmosphere reflects subdued tension. One individual, his face marked with remorse, began explaining, "It was a mistake, Mr. Kingsley. I left the security less on the company data to test a new system, and in that one minute, the breach occurred. But we managed to regain control. The data is safe; nothing was taken."

My response was sharp and clear, "I don't pay you guys for mistakes. The security of this empire is not a playground for experiments. Ensure it doesn't happen again. Efficiency and perfection are not choices; they are expectations."

The room got quiet as my words sank in. It was clear – in Asther Kingsley's empire, we aimed for flawless execution, even when unexpected challenges showed up. And as a final note, I made it clear to them, "This is your last chance. No more mistakes if you want to keep your jobs. We don't have room for errors here."

My assistant walked over, and her voice carried the same warmth," Mr. Kingsley, there's another matter that requires your attention, "she said, her voice heavy with importance.

I met her gaze, "Speak," I commanded.

"Mr. Kingsley, next week is crucial. Kingsley Designs, our architecture and interior firm, has a major client hosting an art exhibition. He's not just an art enthusiast; he's also the visionary behind the grand mansion project we're set to construct," she informed, her expression mirroring the gravity of the intertwined events.

I fixed her with a serious gaze. "Details," I demanded, my tone leaving no room for oversight. She swiftly provided the information, "The exhibition is a significant event in our city's cultural and architectural circles. It's not just about the art; it's a showcase of the talent that will shape the design of a prestigious mansion. Your presence will not only strengthen our client relations but also showcase our commitment to the artistic and structural fabric of our community."

With a nod, I signaled my understanding. "Make certain every detail is meticulously handled. This isn't merely a social event; it's a chance for Kingsley Designs to stand at the intersection of artistic brilliance and architectural innovation," I declared.

After hearing about the art exhibition, I can't shake the feeling that there's something more to this upcoming experience than I realize. Or maybe I've lost it? Quite possibly – my sanity might be hanging in one of those frames after this intrigued morning. I groaned at my thoughts.