10. A night to remember

Asther's POV

Stepping out of the lively exhibition, my two tall bodyguards stood close, their strong presence contrasting with the bustling surroundings. I signaled one of them to call for my car.

Curiosity sparkled in her eyes, and she asked, "What's with the bodyguards, Asther? Are you some kind of secret agent or involved in shady business? I've had enough of those novels where the heroine falls for a mysterious guy and ends up in a heap of trouble and gets their ribs broken!"

I chuckled and said, "Oh, are you saying you're falling for me, sweetheart?"

She fumbled a bit. "Uh-uh, I didn't say that." Her cheeks were pink with the blood rush in them. She looks so cute.

I couldn't help but smile at her reaction and reply, "Oh, sweetheart, don't worry; you and your ribs are both safe with me. I won't let even a hair on your head get harmed."

Reassuring her, I said, "My businesses are legal. These guys are just here for safety." We both chuckled at my statement.

I took a bold step and asked her, "How about I take you to dinner before dropping you home? I'm quite hungry too." She agreed with a smile, and we headed to my restaurant.

Upon arriving, she marveled at the beauty of the place. "This place is stunning," she remarked, curiosity gleaming in her eyes. "How did you manage to get reservations so fast?"

With a smirk, I replied, "Well, it's not too challenging when you own the restaurant." Her eyes widened in surprise.

As we settled in, I suggested, "Let's order something first." We opted for a shared platter of exotic appetizers, followed by her favorite pasta dish and a succulent steak for me. The atmosphere buzzed with warmth and laughter as our conversation flowed.

As we savored our meal, I gazed at Nova and asked, "So, tell me more about yourself, Nova."

"Well, I'm a recent graduate from NYU with a degree in fine arts. I was born and brought up in the countryside, which admits the beauty of nature.
My parents still live there. They were always really supportive, especially when it came to my artistic journey. I really love them a lot. She smiles at her statements.

She then turned to me and asked, "Now, your turn?"

"I'm an entrepreneur," I shared. "I graduated in business from Yale University. I started my own marketing firm right out of college at age 21. Later ventured into stock marketing and finance management. Kingsley Designs, my dad's company, became mine when he retired last month."

With amazement in her expression, she replied, "You're incredibly hardworking and determined. No wonder you've found so much success."

Savoring another bite of the delicious food, I turned to her and asked, "So, Nova, when did you first realize you wanted to be an artist?"

She smiled and shared, "Oh, right from my childhood, I loved to paint on the walls." She chuckled. "I got scolded for it every time, but the love for art was always there. My parents noticed and encouraged me, even enrolling me in art classes. When it came to choosing a career, I opted for this path. I couldn't see myself doing a 9-to-5 job; it's too monotonous for my liking. I crave freedom, and when I paint, I feel it. There are no boundaries; I can create anything." Her eyes sparkled with passion as she spoke.

She radiates such passion and love for her craft; seeing her like this makes me genuinely happy. After a delightful dinner and engaging conversations, it was time to drop her home. Opening the car door for her, she exclaimed, "Such a gentleman." I smiled as I started the car.

In a moment of comfortable silence, I asked, "Can you tell me your address?" She focused back, inputting her address into the GPS. The journey continued with a serene quietness until we reached her apartment building. I stopped the car, and she expressed her gratitude, saying, "Thank you so much for the food and the ride, Asther. It was an amazing night."

"Pleasure was all mine," I replied, giving her a warm smile. She kindly invited me up, but considering the late hour, I politely declined. "Bye, good night, love," I said. She blushed at the nickname, replying, "Good night, Asther."

I waited until she safely entered the building before heading back home.

Snuggled in bed, her laughter echoed in my mind, painting my dreams with the colors of our night together. Sleep came easy, like a comforting hug, cradling me with love.