9. Love's Bloom

Asther's POV

Arriving at the office, Veronica greeted me warmly. She said, "Mr. Kingsley, the architects' meeting is scheduled for the morning, followed by the project review. The evening event is, of course, the art exhibition."

"Thank you, Veronica. Let's ensure everything runs smoothly today." I said

Just as the conversation flowed, Sophie, (my employee from financial department) entered the room, seemingly oblivious to the ongoing discussion.

"Hey, Asther, baby! Ready for the day?" Sophie's cheerful greeting kind of bugged me. Before I could say anything, she went on about her plans.

"Baby, let's have dinner after the exhibition. It'll be a perfect way to end the day," Sophie said, not noticing that I was getting annoyed.

I was visibly irritated. I started thinking about why Sophie was even here. It turns out she's the daughter of my dad's friend, and he insisted she join the company. Her not having professional boundaries had been a problem. I hate unprofessionalism.

I shot back, "It's Mr. Kingsley for you. Remember, you're here because of my father. Without that, you wouldn't be anywhere near this company. Stay away from me unless it's about business. Understand?"

Sophie, seemingly unfazed, retorted, "You're too uptight, Asther. Loosen up a bit. It could do wonders for your personal life. How about going on a date with me?"

I snapped back in the same tone, "I said it's Mr. Kingsley for you, not Asther or any other thing you called. Don't make me regret recruiting you. Your position here is thanks to my father's insistence. Keep it professional. I've made it clear countless times: stay away from me unless it's business-related. Your suggestions are not welcomed."

"Now, get out of my office."

She stood there in disbelief, and she didn't move at all.

"You know Sophie. I hate repeating myself; don't test my patience. Out, I said."

She finally left the room. I resumed the meeting with Veronica, following through on the architects' plans and the project review. The day unfolded with a mix of tasks, and I smoothly managed my schedule.

Later, at my penthouse, I adorned a tailored suit, selecting a sophisticated suit that exuded both style and professionalism. The crisp fabric and meticulous details reflected my commitment to excellence.

Heading towards the exhibition in my black BMW, I felt a genuine anticipation for the evening's art event. The car ride allowed me a moment to reflect on the day, appreciating the rhythm of balancing work and social engagements in a way that felt authentic to my human experience.

Upon entering the exhibition, the atmosphere buzzed with creativity. Soft lights highlighted captivating artworks, and the air was filled with lively conversations and the occasional clinking of glasses. It was a refreshing shift from the earlier workplace tensions.

I strolled through the art exhibition, absorbing the vibrant atmosphere of the creative community.I made my way toward the event's core.

Amidst the crowd, I spotted Mr. Anderson, the visionary behind our upcoming mansion project.

His eyes lit up with excitement as he reached out for a handshake. "Ah, there you are! I've been looking forward to discussing our grand project. But first, let's appreciate the local talent showcased here."

I agreed, saying, "Absolutely, Mr. Anderson. The artistry here is remarkable, and it's heartening to see such support for the community."

As we explored the exhibition, Mr. Anderson shared his belief in investing in local artists and connecting their creativity with the project's vision.
Seizing the opportunity, I inquired about specific design elements for our mansion.