Chapter 25

CHAPTER 25: YOU'RE REALLY PRETTY

"Can I stay tonight?" Barry says, feeling vulnerable. She holds his hand tenderly. She gulps before looking away. "I wish you would stay every night."

Barry looks at her surprised.

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't be saying that and I know you're marrying Iris but Claire's right... I can't keep holding this in because it's eating me up inside. I know I have no right and you have a destiny with her but I need you to know. It's selfish of me to burden you with this, but I'm not strong enough to keep hiding this from you. I wish I could be the woman that you love; the woman that you want..."

"You are," Barry says and uses his hand to lift up her chin so she has to look him in the eye.

"What?" Caitlin says softly, as if it's too perfect to be real.

"You are the woman that I love, this woman that I want, the woman that I need. I didn't know how to tell you and I just wanted you to be happy even if I couldn't be the one to make you happy."

"What about Iris?" She has to ask, because she needs to know. She never wants to be the other woman or come in the way of his happiness.

"I ended things. I wanted to tell you but then I saw you with Peter and I didn't want to be in the way of your happiness. You don't belong with him and I don't belong with her. I belong with you and you belong with me," He takes her hands, "The future isn't set in stone; destiny doesn't control who I am and who I love. I love you, I'm sorry it took me this long to say it, but I love you so god damn much. You're the one I see in my dreams, you're always on my mind. I never thought I could be lucky enough that you would ever like me back."

"I don't just like you, Barry. I love you. I'm in love with you," Caitlin replies, taking a step towards him.

Barry moves forward and captures her lips with his own. It starts raining, the cool drops fall onto them. He uses his arm to pull her flush against him and his other hand cups her cheek softly. Both her arms go around his neck and she goes on her tiptoes to bring herself even closer to him. Her mouth parts a little and his tongue runs across her teeth, asking for permission which she gives him immediately. They both moan as their tongues tango. The heat between them contrasts with the cold water falling on them. They continue kissing passionately until they run out of breath. They break apart, both breathing heavily, but he continues holding her close.

"As much as I love kissing you, I haven't slept properly without you so I'm sure I'm going to collapse from being completely exhausted," Caitlin says while biting her lip. 

"Let me get you to bed then," Barry says and Caitlin raises her eyebrow. 

"I mean to go to sleep," He rambles as his face turns red, "Not that I wouldn't want to take you to bed because of course I would, I mean have you seen you? Wait that's not how I wanted that to come out." 

Caitlin cuts him off by pressing her lips to his. He kisses her back immediately, completely forgetting what he was rambling about. She pulls back, "Sorry, it was the easiest way to shut you up." She giggles.

"I am definitely going to be rambling more often then," He smirks and winks. She shakes her head at him playfully before going to the apartment and entering the bathroom. Barry quickly changes before falling back onto the bed with a smile on his face.

Caitlin comes out in sweatpants and one of his shirts. She looks gorgeous. He stares at her. "What?" She asks, feeling a little self-conscious. 

"Nothing..." He says, "You're just perfect." She blushes and tucks some loose strands of hair behind her ear. For the first time, 'perfect' doesn't sound like a bad thing to Caitlin.

"Dad gave me this stuff," She says showing him a tablet, "The boys have been working on it for a while. It's supposed to help protect but the baby but they said I shouldn't take it when I'm alone because it could make me a bit loopy the first time I take it."

"Take it," He squeezes her hand, "I'm here." She takes the tablet and a few minutes later she starts to feel the effects. Barry sings while caressing her baby bump with his thumb. 

She looks up at him wide-eyed and it reminds him of the time she was drunk. He finishes the song and looks at her curiously. She hasn't take her eyes off of him. "What's up Cait?"

"Has anyone ever told you that you're really pretty?" She asks as if it's something everyone should have told him. 

"No I can't say they have," He chuckles. 

"Well you are," She says proudly. 

"You're really pretty too, Cait. I don't think I told you that enough before but I promise I'll tell you from now on," He promises her.

"It's okay," Caitlin says in a small voice, "I like it when you call me Cait." She whispers the last part as if it's a secret. 

"I'm cold, Barry," She says, a little frustrated. 

"Come here," He whispers sleepily before pulling her towards him and putting his arms around her. They both fall asleep while cuddling.