Chapter 14

DON'T FORGET TO RETWEET FOR DANIELLE ON TWITTER

CHAPTER 14: ROOFTOPS WITH RALPH

3rd Person POV

Since Barry is staying with Caitlin, Ralph and Cisco offer to do the evening patrol. Soon everyone has cleared out of STAR Labs and only three people remain. "Barry can I talk to you for a minute?" Iris asks him. Barry looks Caitlin's way and she seems to be busy on her phone, telling Felicity about the whole ordeal and reassuring her that they didn't need to worry. (Barry called Team Arrow to let them know what happened). "Uhh yeah sure."

They both walk into the next room. He turns around and she pulls him into a deep and passionate kiss. He feels as if something is missing but he kisses her back anyway, because that's what he should be doing. Except it doesn't feel like it.

Meanwhile Caitlin spots them and decides she needs some fresh air so she heads up to the roof.

"Ralph?" She asks the figure before her, "What are you doing here?"

"I come up here sometimes to think. We finished the patrol and Cisco is with his girlfriend and I did not feel like going home to an empty apartment right now," He admits. Caitlin's rigid stance softens. "You're not alone you know?"

"Yes I am. Cisco has gypsy, Jesse has Wally, Wells has science and Barry has… West I guess," He finishes the last one off unsurely. "I don't have anyone," Caitlin points out. "Only because Allen is too stupid to realise that you're perfect."

"Perfect," She laughs bitterly, "I hate that word." She remembers Barry saying it to her during the whole Riverdale fiasco.

"You shouldn't. I mean you are human but you're pretty much perfect, at least when compared to the rest of us. I never told you this because I don't like sharing my real feelings with people but I admire you Caitlin Snow. A lot. You are brave – you never hide behind a desk when there's a fight. You're strong and resilient. You never give up on your friends and you're so selfless, always putting them first. I mean you've been there for Barry all this time even though seeing them together must hurt like hell. And now you're having his kid and even though he'll be there and we'll all be there, but you're doing it on your own. I wish I could be as amazing of a person as you someday. There are many girls like Iris West in the world but there's only one Caitlin Snow and don't you forget it."

Caitlin felt touched. "Thank you. And for what it's worth Ralph, I think you're pretty amazing too and you're going to be a great hero."

"Thank you," He replies sincerely, "And I know we're not close or anything but my dad... he wasn't around much, always busy with his real wife and child. He wasn't there for me. I don't think Barry would ever do that to you but Cisco and I would be happy to step in, anytime. Even Harry though I don't think he'll admit it."

"I really appreciate it Ralph. I was right about you."

"Plus that baby would be a total chick magnet," Ralph jokes and Caitlin rolls her eyes. She places a hand on his shoulder. "There's someone out there for you and when you meet her you won't need a baby to attract her. Even though this little one might be the most precious thing in the world."

"Thanks," He looks at her gratefully. They share a moment. Then she starts walking away to return to her bed. "Piece of advice, take it or leave it. If you want Allen, then you need to show him what he's missing."

She turns around and looks at him thoughtfully. "I'll think about it."

Meanwhile Barry and Iris are making out when Iris starts unbuttoning his shirt. Suddenly he stops. "Crap I forgot Caitlin's clothes!" "Is that really what you're thinking about right now?" Iris asks frustrated. He ignores her and runs to get the clothes. He arrives with another one of his sweatpants and another shirt. "Aren't those yours?" Iris raises her eyebrow. "Well yeah technically, but they're Caitlin's now," He shrugs. "It's getting late," He says as he checks his watch, "We should probably get to bed."

"I thought you'd never ask," Iris smirks. "Actually I was talking about me and Caitlin," He replies while scratching the back of his neck. "Oh," Iris says disappointed and trying to stop herself from getting angry. "Well if you change your mind, I'll be sleeping in my birthday suit," She winks suggestively before leaving. 'That will definitely seduce him!' She thinks to herself with a smirk.

But Barry doesn't give it a second thought once he finds Caitlin in bed before they've had any hot chocolate. He sighs before he settles in the chair next to her. "Barry I'm cold," She mumbles sleepily, "Can you turn up the heat?" He tries but the thermostat is broken. "It's broken but I'm here." "Okay," She scoots more to one side of the bed and pats the other. He kicks off his shoes and gets into bed next to her, but since the bed is a single hospital bed it's too small for two people.

She ends up sleeping with her head on his upper chest and her arms over his abs (which were covered by his shirt unfortunately). His arm is draped loosely around her waist - It's gentle yet almost possessive. Barry's other hand cover's Caitlin's hand and it feels like the most natural thing in the world. They both have the best sleep they have ever had in a hospital bed.

Author's Note: It's short but I'm going to try to update this weekend! Try to guess what the new story arc will be! It starts either next chapter or the one after :). I haven't written the chapter with the gender/s of the baby/babies so it will be a while off BUT if you guys do want to know then say so in your review and I'll announce it in the next chapter. If you don't want to know then also say so and I won't announce it just yet. Whichever option gets the most votes I will do :)!

Also did you expect me to write about this friendship?

Lots of Love

ScottSalvatore23