Chapter 17

CHAPTER 17: PETER'S PAST

3rd Person POV

When Barry arrives at the restaurant and he immediately locks eyes with Caitlin. She looks beautiful in a simple little black dress. She looks at him very confused. Peter notices her facial expression change from a smile into a frown and places his hand over hers gently. Caitlin looks up at him and smiles. Barry sees red. He rushes in and grabs her arm a little roughly before pulling her outside. Peter rushes after them.

"Barry, stop you're hurting me," Caitlin pulls away from him. He immediately loosens his grip and looks at her with concern. 'I didn't think I was holding on that tightly,' Barry thinks to himself and as if Caitlin can read his mind she replies. "Don't worry you didn't hurt me. I just wanted you to let go and tell me what's going on." Barry lets out a breath, feeling very relieved, but shoots her an annoyed look for distracting him.

Peter catches up to them. "What's going on here?"

Barry stands in front of Caitlin protectively. "We should be asking you that."

"What are you talking about Barry?" Caitlin asks, still completely in the dark.

"He's not who he says he is," Barry says almost triumphantly.

Caitlin looks at Peter. "Is this true? Have you been lying to me?

"I didn't lie about the things I've told you but he's right I haven't been completely honest with you either. I'm sorry… I wish I could tell you the truth but it's too crazy for anyone to believe," He says as he runs a hand through his hair.

"Try me," Caitlin says as she steps in front of Barry and looks Peter in the eyes. "Okay is there some place we can talk… in private?"

"Whatever you have to say to her you can say to me. And she's not going alone with you anywhere."

"Fair enough," Peter says, "Can we go to my hotel room next door? Or at least the lobby?"

"Fine," Barry grits his teeth.

They go next door and take the elevator to Peter's penthouse. "Do you guys want anything to eat or drink?" He offers them politely. They both shake their heads and take a seat on the couch.

"Okay so it all started a long time ago," Peter begins, "Almost 100 years actually." They both look at him shocked. "When you were what? Negative 75?" Barry asks sarcastically. "Actually I'll be turning 125 this year." "Oh," Barry mumbles, "Continue."

"Anyways as I was saying. There was this solar eclipse and a bunch of people got powers. We call them 'specials' or 'evos'. Although some of us ended up with powers because of experiments and the solar eclipse just activated them. I received my powers from my family line. I always wanted to help people and when I got these powers and I got my mission, I finally felt like I was doing something with my life. There was a guy that was a mass murderer and I had to stop him. Then there were these corporations using people and my brother was turned evil by father who was supposed to be dead. A lot of crazy shit went down but we managed to save the world a couple times. To explain how I'm 125 years old… Well it's a little complicated but because of my powers I control my aging so I was one of the ones picked to watch over the future generations. I can make myself age slower than any human or not at all. Then one day I was helping one of the specials, he was doing some science experiment when all of sudden a portal opened up out of nowhere. I pushed everyone away from it but it sucked me in and then I ended up here. When I woke up, almost everyone I knew was dead. Turns out that here my family line died out many many years ago. So for the past ten years I've been trying to find a way back but with no luck. I came here to Central City because I heard about the metahumans. That's all I came here to do, it was my last hope but it didn't work out. I was going to just give up on everything but then I was sitting there in that coffee shop and I saw you, something drew me to you. You reminded me of something, of a time when I was happy. I know this sounds crazy but I swear it's the truth. I just felt like I was meant to find you."

"I believe you," Caitlin says sincerely. Barry still looks unsure but his story checks out. "And we'll help you figure it out. We'll help you get back home." She looks determined and Peter smiles gratefully at her. "Thank you, but you know even you can't find a way to get me back home, I'm glad I met you Caitlin Snow."

"I'm glad I met you too, Peter Petrelli," She smiles at him and Barry feels a pang in his heart.

"Can I see it?" Caitlin blurts out. They both look at her in shock and blood rushes to her face. "You power I mean," She says softly. "Powers," Peter says emphasising the 's'. He smirks before holding out his hand to her. She places her hand in his and he takes her out onto the balcony. Barry follows after them. "Hold on tight," Peter whispers to Caitlin before he pushes off the ground and they begin floating. "Wow," Caitlin says and Barry is overwhelmed with jealousy.

He lowers them down. "And watch this," Peter says before using his powers so that there is now a pink rose in his hand. "For you," He says before handing it to her and she giggles. Barry interrupts them. "It's getting late. We should go," Barry grabs Caitlin's hand in possessive yet gentle way.

"It's 8," Caitlin points out. "You still need to take your vitamins," He points out trying to find an excuse for them to leave. "You're right," Caitlin says before she turns to Peter, "Sorry but we should go."

"Don't worry about it," He smiles, "Baby comes first of course." She nods in agreement.

"Call me!" He shouts as Barry rushes Caitlin out of there.

Barry runs them home and Caitlin goes in the room to change. Barry sits on the couch and seethes. Caitlin walks back into the room to see Barry staring at the blank television. She places a hand on his shoulder and he turns around to face her. "You okay?"

"I think you should stay away from this Peter guy."

"What?"

"He just doesn't seem like a good guy to me."

"Why not?"

"Because he just doesn't okay? I don't like the way he touches you and talks to you. He wants something and I don't like it."

"Of course he wants something. He wants to go home and I promised to help him. As for the way he talks to me or touches me, that's up to me. You don't own me Barry Allen!" She finishes off a little angrier than she intended. She pauses for a moment, "And maybe I want to be thought of as a woman again. It's nice, someone seeing me as more than just a friend or a doctor. He makes me laugh and forget about all the drama we have. Don't you want me to have a chance at being happy?"

"I'm sorry Cait," He pulls her in for a hug, "Of course I want you to be happy." 'Just not with him,' He finishes in his head.

Author's Note: Hope you guys enjoyed! And the next two chapters are a crossover (about good times, no villains), so guess which show I'll be crossing over with and the reason for it :)!

Okay one VERY IMPORTANT thing:

I am seriously pissed about people body shaming Grant. GRANT IS PERFECT AND EVEN IF HE WASN'T, NOBODY DESERVES TO BE BODY SHAMED! And what annoys me even more is Candice's stans are trying to make this about Candice... like what even! We are supporting Grant and they're saying he doesn't deserve that support because he's a white male. WTF , I don't care what race, gender, sexuality, etc someone is, nobody deserves to be body shamed. And for someone like Grant who stays away from replying to these bullies to speak out, it takes a lot and he DESERVES all of the support we can possibly give him. #GrantGustinIsPerfectTheWayHeIs #IStandWithGrantGustin #RespectGrantGustin

Lots of Love

ScottSalvatore23