Chapter 19

Look at the picture above LMAO =D

Also I'm thinking of taking part and writing a book for Snowbarry Week (In December)... yes or No? Will you guys read It?

I'll be writing this story for a while but I'm thinking of also starting a new book after my final exams are over (Also December) and I have a few ideas:

1) Caitlin/Barry/Patty three way dating story

2) A book dedicated to Snowbarry one shots in all the seasons

3) E2 Killer Frost / Barry / Caitlin Love triangle

VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm not including the Peter/Caitlin talk because it will be mentioned in a future chapter :) Also the next chapter is a long one (over 3 pages!)

CHAPTER 19: BARRY'S BROMANCE

3rd Person POV

Barry stares out into the city. He's so focused on the lights that Kara only gets his attention when she taps him on the shoulder. "Barry you okay?"

He runs a hand through his hair. "Yeah."

"I know you're not," She gives him a knowing smile.

He changes the topic. "Congratulations on your engagement."

"Thanks, but that's not what I came here to talk about and you know it," She says while shooting him a pointed look.

"What did you come here to talk about?" Barry asks, feigning ignorance. He knows that she wants to know what's with his mood.

"Look she shouldn't really be doing what she's doing and if you don't like it then you should say something to her," Kara says referring to Iris flirting with James. "Don't you think I've tried?" Barry sighs. "When?" Kara asks confused, because she hasn't seen him talk to Iris all night. Mon-El overhears them as he brings Kara the hot chocolate she asked for.

"The day she met him. After their first date."

"Wait Iris and James went out on date?" Mon-El asks confused.

"No not Iris and James," He says frustrated and sighs, "Cait and Peter."

"But I thought you were engaged to Iris? That's what Kara told me," Mon-El says confused, "Am I missing something here?"

"Yes I mean no, I mean I am, I mean I don't know," Barry babbles frustrated. Mon-El hears Winn call for him and he excuses himself from the conversation.

"I was talking about Iris but... Barry do you have feelings for Caitlin?" Kara asks bluntly. Barry doesn't answer her so Kara continues. He knows that Kara will know if he's lying and he doesn't know what's the truth anymore.

"Look there was time when I thought James was the one for me. I mean I had feelings for him and everyone kept saying that we should be together and I figured they must be right. But it turns out they weren't because when I fell in love with Mon-El my whole world changed without me really noticing. I started to notice every little thing about him, I started to worry more when he was in danger and when we're together I forget everyone else exists. Everyone said we weren't supposed to be together. Either we were too different or we had too much in common but everyone had an opinion. And you know what? I simply didn't care. No one needed to come from the future to tell me he was my destiny. I knew it… I know it, deep in my soul and my heart. It took time for us to get to this place but now that we're here I never want to leave. And when he holds me or kisses me or even just looks at me… my whole body is set on fire and I feel happier. And it's scary how much I love him but I do and that's why I want to marry him. Why do you want to marry Iris?"

'Because the newspaper from the future said so and I've loved her since we were kids and everyone says it's destiny,' Barry thinks. He doesn't realise he said it out loud.

"That's not a reason to marry someone. People change over time. Do you know there was a time when my cousin was madly in love with Lana Lang? And now he's happier than he's ever been with his real soulmate. I'm not saying you don't love Iris or that shouldn't marry her. But you shouldn't marry her because it's what everyone expects or because of a newspaper from the future. The future isn't set in stone."

Barry nods, absorbing her words, but too afraid to respond so he changes the subject. "Caitlin's pregnant." "She is?" Kara says excitedly, distracted from her speech, "Is it Peter's?" She frowns a little, mostly for him.

Barry shakes his head. "No. She's pregnant with my baby," A smile forms on his face. "You look genuinely happy," Kara remarks, "Not what most guys would be when the mother of their child and their fiancée aren't the same person…"

Barry doesn't really know how to reply so he simply states. "I am happy."

"Happier than you would be if Iris was the one who was pregnant?" Kara asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I-I-," Barry stutters. "I don't know," He finishes off lamely. "I think you do…" Kara trails off before looking into his eyes, "Because if were really and truly in love with her then there wouldn't be a doubt in your mind and you would have said 'no' immediately."

Kara leaves him to his thoughts.

A few minutes later Mon-El pokes his head outside. "Mind if I join you?" "No, not at all," Barry says and gestures for him to step outside. Mon-El hands him a glass. "I don't get drunk," Barry says. "This is alien alcohol. It's not the strongest stuff but it'll make you tipsy at the very least. I guarantee it," Mon-El smirks.

Barry takes the glass. He notices Caitlin and Peter talking and laughing out the corner of his eye. He gulps the drink down. "Woah," Mon-El says surprised, "You should really slow down." They both chuckle.

They look at the stars in silence.

"Mon-El, how did you know Kara was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with?"

"I just did," Mon-El says, "It's hard to explain. When we're together, it's like we're the only two people in the world. And she's happy then I'm happy. And all I really want to do is make her happy even if that means singing embarrassing karaoke or travelling far to get to her favourite restaurants or letting her raid my closet so she can sleep in my clothes… Mind you that last one is pretty good for me too," He says with a smile on his face.

Barry nods and runs a hand through his hair. He realises those are all things he does for Caitlin.

"So I heard you're going to be a dad?" Mon-El starts the conversation up again.

"It's fine and yeah I am," He grins. "How did you know?" Barry asks.

"I'm still getting the hang of my X-ray vision so sometimes it kicks in," Mon-El mutters, a little embarrassed, "So I asked Cisco about it and he said you were the dad. I wasn't all that surprised though."

"You weren't?"

"Yeah I was engaged to be married on Daxam and I fell in love with Kara here on Earth. Marriage for love is a lot better than arranged marriages. I can see you found that out from the way your eyes light up when you talk about her. The only thing that didn't make sense is why she brought a date if she has you… I mean from the way Iris was staring at that guy, I would have thought for sure he was her date instead, but he didn't seem very interested in her."

"Ready to go in?" Mon-El asks. "Only if you promise to make me another one of these drinks," Barry smirks and puts his arm around Mon-El's shoulders. "I can already tell this will be the start of an epic bromance," Mon-El says while he does the same. Then they toast to an epic bromance.

Author's Note: See the author's note at the top.

There will be a mini-confrontation next chapter, guess who it will be with! Hope you guys enjoyed Barry's new bromance, they'll get another chance to interact in a couple chapters :)!

Fear not SNOWBARRY IS COMING ;)! We're just pushing Barry closer and closer to the edge of the wall then he'll fall so he can start flying! {GUESS THE SHOW I'M REFERENCING HERE}

There will be more Monarry bromance (there's actually an adorable scene coming up!)

Lots of Love

ScottSalvatore23