Chapter 16

CHAPTER 16: SAPPHIRE STRANGERS

3rd Person POV

Cisco, Harry and Ralph leave the room to plot. Caitlin looks at Barry with a surprised look on her face, "Aren't you going to go after her?"

"No my dad's coming for the baby's extra check-up now," Barry says as if that explains everything. Before Caitlin can reply, Henry walks in and greets the two of them. "Ready?" He asks Caitlin. "Yes," Caitlin replies. They proceed to do a routine check-up and Cisco invites them to Jitters for lunch. Henry politely declines because he has more unpacking to do.

Ralph, Harry and Cisco head out while Caitlin finishes up her work. Then Barry runs them both to Jitters.

"Hey guys!" Ralph shouts, "We're over here." Barry and Caitlin are surprised to see Tracy with them. "Look who we ran into," Cisco says while pointing at Tracy. "Tracy, it's good to see you," Caitlin and Barry both give her a quick hug. They all settle down and fall into an easy and funny conversation.

Caitlin goes the front and buys something to eat. She feels as if someone is watching her. She shrugs it off and walks back to her table.

Then a waitress walks over to them with a coffee. She sets it down in front of Caitlin. "That guy over there sent this for you," The waitress grins excitedly. They all look over to see a handsome man who is very fashionably dressed and smiling at Caitlin. (PLAYED BY MILO VENTIMIGLIA).

Caitlin smiles back at the handsome stranger and blushes as she feels everyone's eyes on her. "Are you sure he didn't mean her?" She asks the waitress in reference to Tracy. "No he made sure I brought it to you," The waitress assures her. Before Caitlin can say anything more, Barry grabs the cup and hands it back to the waitress roughly. "Tell him she said thanks but no thanks."

The waitress awkwardly walks away. "What was that for?" Caitlin furrows her eyebrows. "Nothing," Barry grits his teeth, "Coffee isn't good for the baby remember." The boys all smirk at but Barry remains oblivious. The Snowbarry shipping trio all make eye contact and are ready to put their plan into action. Cisco changes the topic but Caitlin keeps glancing over at the handsome stranger and Barry keeps glancing over at Caitlin. 'Something about him seems different,' Caitlin thinks.

She gets distracted by Cisco, Ralph and Harry arguing about something and when she looks over to the handsome stranger's table, he's no longer there. She sighs, feeling a little disappointed.

"Hi," She hears someone say and she looks up to find the handsome stranger in front of her. "Sorry to disturb you," He says politely, "But I thought I should apologise." "For what?" Caitlin asks confused.

"I didn't know you were here with someone," He says while looking at Barry, "I wouldn't have sent the drink over if I did. I mean you weren't wearing a ring or anything and he is…" (A/N Barry has an engagement band in this.)

"Oh no we're uh not together… I'm single." Caitlin replies way too quickly for Barry's liking. Caitlin knows she's probably ruining her chances with the chiselled Greek God before her but she continues, "He sent it back because I'm uh pregnant and it's not good for the baby."

"Oh," He says before pausing, "So if I offer you tea instead then will you have a drink with me?" He gives her a lopsided smile. Caitlin tucks her hair behind her ear shyly. "Yeah sure," She says as a blush creeps up on her cheeks. "How about dinner? I promise I will take you somewhere that serves healthy food…"

Before Caitlin can reply, Cisco nods towards Ralph and Ralph interjects, "She says yes. She'll meet you here at 6." The handsome and mysterious stranger grabs a napkin and scribbles something on it before handing it to her. "That's my number."

"The name's Peter by the way," He says looking at her. "Caitlin," She smiles in return and Barry fumes. "Nice to meet you all," Peter says politely to the rest of the table before looking at his watch, "But duty calls." As he leaves, the boys smirk at Barry's reaction. "We should go get you ready for your date," Tracy says excitedly, "If you want the help of course." "I would love some help," Caitlin smiles brightly at Tracy and the two girls head to Caitlin's apartment.

Barry doesn't move from his spot. He just sits there and stews. The other guys get up to leave. "Barry, you coming?" "I'll catch up with you guys later," He brushes off their concern and heads to the CCPD.

Once he gets there, he searches the CCPD database and the world wide web which was upgraded by Felicity for signs of this Peter guy, which is a little difficult because he doesn't even know his surname. After two hours of searching at superspeed he finally gets lucky. He doesn't find any criminal records, he finds normal household and business stuff but only going back for 10 years. No birth records, no records of family, nothing before those ten years. It's almost as if he hadn't existed before that. Barry narrows his eyes at the picture on the screen. The guy looks like he hasn't aged in ten years… how is this even possible?

He notices the time. It's 18:30. "Crap!" He grabs his jacket and races to Jitters.

He looks around but Caitlin is nowhere to be seen. He notices the waitress from earlier and rushes over to her. He asks her in a panic, "Where's Caitlin?"

The waitress looks at him sadly, "Sorry buddy she left with the Greek God. It's a pity, I thought for sure that she was in love with you and you with her." Barry doesn't correct her. He just carries on his questioning. "Where did they go?" The waitress looks at him unsurely. "Please! It could be a matter of life or death!" Barry begs her.

She takes pity on him. "Look I don't know for sure but he asked about a restaurant called 'Sapphire' on the other side of town. The one all the fancy rich people go to." "Thank you," Barry says to her gratefully.

"Good luck with your girl," The waitress says.

"Thanks," Barry says with a nod before rushing to the restaurant.

Author's Note: I'm not sure if everyone reads the replies to reviews so I thought I'd say this here. Caitlin will not just sit around pining for Barry, this time he'll be the one pining! If anyone is wondering, Peter Petrelli is from a show called Heroes and he is absolutely gorgeous so naturally any woman would be attracted to him (it doesn't mean Caitlin doesn't have feelings for Barry... She's just trying to move on because she thinks she might be getting in the way of Barry's happiness.) Milo also played Jess on Gilmore Girls but he was younger there so I thinking of the age he was during his time on Heroes.

So next chapter you'll find up what's up with Peter and what he's hiding plus a little more jelly Barry! What do you think Peter is hiding?

Ralph, Cisco and Harry are most definitely SB shippers in this but they also know Barry needs a little push to realise his feelings for Caitlin and that's why they're pushing her in the direction of Peter.

Let me know what you like and didn't like about this chapter :)

Lots of Love

ScottSalvatore23