Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20: I WANT TO HOLD YOU IN MY ARMS

An hour later, everyone says their goodbyes and the members of Team Flash and their dates all head back to Earth-1. Cisco and Gypsy head off to his apartment. "Do you need a ride to your place?" Peter asks Caitlin but before she can answer, Barry answers for her. "No she doesn't. I'll take her home."

"Actually I was hoping you could spend some time at our apartment," Iris suggests. This time Caitlin answers first. "There problem solved. Peter will give me a ride home." Peter nods and Barry stands there defeated as they both leave.

Barry runs Iris to the apartment but something about having her in his arms feels wrong. Iris goes to change into her new lingerie. When she comes back she finds Barry 'sleeping' and sighs. He actually isn't really sleeping; he's just pretending so that he avoids her. 'What kind of a man doesn't want to be intimate with the woman he's supposed to marry?' Barry thinks to himself.

A couple of hours later Iris is asleep but Barry lies on their bed completely awake. He can't help but worry about Caitlin. 'Maybe I should just go check on her. It won't take long."

He runs over there and sees Caitlin in bed with her eyes closed. His side of the bed looks so inviting and he's very tired. 'Maybe I should just have a quick power nap,' He thinks to himself. He settles down in his usual spot and smiles. He easily falls asleep once Caitlin rolls over into his arms.

THE NEXT MORNING

When Caitlin wakes up she realizes that the pillow she fell asleep holding is now warmer and not a pillow at all, but rather a handsome speedster with green eyes that draw you in. She tries to get up without waking Barry but as soon as her warmth is gone, he stirs. He rubs his eyes sleepily and grumbles, "Cait, come back to bed."

She blushes because she's thought of him saying this many times but she's always hoped it would be under different circumstances. "We need to get to work," She points out. "Five more minutes?" He asks with puppy dog eyes. She sighs but happily gets back into bed and lets him hold her for another ten minutes. Then Peter calls her and she picks up the phone.

"Hey," Barry hears Caitlin say and he assumes she's talking to Cisco. "Yeah I'd like to grab some breakfast. 20 minutes?" She pauses for a bit and listens to the person on the other end of the call. "Okay great. I'll see you soon."

Caitlin gets out of bed and gets ready for breakfast while Barry starts checking his social media. Then Caitlin's phone rings but she's busy in the shower so Barry answers so he can take a message.

"Hello?" He says. "Barry?" The person on the other end of the phone asks with a surprised tone.

"Yes. Who is this?"

"It's Peter. I'm sorry I thought I called Caitlin's phone or is she already at STAR labs?"

"No you did call Cait's phone. And we're still at home, we haven't left for STAR labs yet."

"You guys live together?"

"Pretty much," Barry says. I mean it wasn't a total lie... He basically lives there anyway.

"Oh okay well can you tell her that I'll be at Jitters when she's ready."

"I'll think about it," Barry smirks and cuts the call, his jealousy getting the better of him.

Then he looks at a text from Iris.

MESSAGE FROM IRIS: Barry where are you?

He quickly types a message back.

MESSAGE TO IRIS: Just went to Jitters for some breakfast.

He receives a response almost immediately.