Chapter 2: I Should Have Gone Home

Have you ever wished to travel into another world? Hoping that it will be fun and glorious — Full of awesome adventure?

THIS IS MY WARNING TO FORGET ALL ABOUT THAT!!!

IT. FUCKING. SUCKS. ASS!!!

I just want to go home, feed my growling stomach, and watch movies with my sister —- Not be running for my life from this demon that's chasing my ass right now.

Wondering how things came like this? Let's go back a little.

○●○ 1 Day Earlier ○●○

'Well, Mako, I went on that date.' The only reason I even went in the first place was because my little sister, Makoto who's in middle school, insisted I go. Claiming I needed to go out and "live a little". It's sweet of her and I honestly would have stayed home with her but — Ugh! Just recalling the date made me want to scream out in the middle of this street.

'First the guy orders food for me without asking what I wanted THEN talked about himself the entire time AND TIRED TO MAKE ME PAY FOR "OUR" DINNER!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH MEN!?' My head was starting to hurt from either me screaming out in my brain or from the memory.

I was in my head for too long, making me turn the corner and just have to bump into someone. "Oh dear!" I heard the old lady express and the boxes she had in her hands fell out of them. "Whoa, whoa whoa! Ha ha! Safe!" I gave a smile as I felt victorious for being able to save this lady's boxes from crashing on the ground. "Oh thank you miss." She said after a sigh of relief. "You're welcome but did you check if there wasn't anything cracked or broken in case?" She nodded went with my suggestion and checked inside her boxes. I didn't want there to be things possibly valuable to this woman to be destroyed.

I made sure to look into them too with her. Just in case she may have tried to scam or accuse me of something I didn't do. Was that a harsh way to think? Yes. But it happened once before and I was not going to pay for any collateral damage fees.

Luckily nothing was broken.

I only have enough money for my and Makoto's meals this week and rent. I cannot afford to spend on anything else. My office job is good but I am hoping for that promotion I requested to go through. I just need to be vigilant and not miss work at all this week.

It is also why that dinner date pissed me off so much.

That's why I bailed on the guy by pretending I needed to use the restroom and walked out of that restaurant.

Was it a coward way out? No, and yes.

Did I care? No.

Did he deserve it? Fuck yeah.

"Miss?" I snapped out of my daze and focused on the old lady again. "Sorry, what were you saying?" I ask after clearing my throat. "I was telling you to follow me to my shop. I want to thank you for saving my items. They mean a lot to me. I want to pay you back." I sheepishly laugh at her words. "Well," I rub the back of my neck "that is thoughtful of you but it is fine. You don't have to repay me." I knew the most how money was. I didn't want her to spend it or waste it on me. She shouldn't have to for a simple act of kindness.