Chapter 7: The Dragon In Stone Awakens

Fuck staying here.

I don't want to be stuck here because of this pendant. I want nothing to do with this! I have no time for any of this crap! I just want to go home!

I refused to give up on any chance to get back home. I refused to be something I didn't want to be.

I am not going to be stuck with this pendant. I'm not going to force myself to be this hero - saintess - or whatever.

I don't want to fight demons. It doesn't matter that I have this powerful item by these watcher people – who kinda sound like creepy peeping toms – I am not cut out for it. I don't want to be cut out for it.

With newfound determination, there were 2 things I knew:

I came through a mirror

And

This pendant has a history in this world.

If I find information about this pendant then I can maybe find out how to use it. It may also be the only thing that can be a way back home to Makoto. It also may not be. This "what if" was all I had to go on. It was a start and it was what I am going with.

To find any concrete information — I hatched a plan. A very very very very stupid plan.

I first need to get out of the village, with supplies.

I waited until 3 AM when it was dead silent. I took my bag and I rummaged through the infirmary ward as quiet as a mouse. Avoiding the nurses that were stationed for this late shift.

I found a backpack and I stuffed my bag on top of the medical supplies and rations I took from their kitchen and supply closet. I also found other clothes too. Along with a handy and cool black thick jacket that will handle this world's winter cold. I slipped that on and my pajamas were placed on top, protecting all my journey essentials.

I took a map from one of the front desk drawers when the front desk lady went to grab their millionth cup of coffee. There was also a wand, it was cool so I took it too.

Second . . . I went to the cave of the Demon King forest. I know! I know! It is stupid! I already told you it was a stupid plan. There is a reason why I am going there!

The reason is this pendant. I know I won't be able to cooperate with me willingly. Not while I am focused on getting home. There is only one other way for it to cooperate — Forcing it to.

How you might be wondering?

By making another really really stupid decision.

»»——♡——««

'Okay. This is more terrifying at night than it was during the day.' I thought, staring into the even darker cave. It was a huge cave but I didn't know how big this dragon truly was. "Go in and find out." My conscience egged me on for my stupidity. I took a deep breath and exhaled. With my phone's flashlight in hand, I walked into the cave.