Chapter 5: Gotta Go Fast! Sonic!

I fell on my ass on the ground. Face first. Hurt like a bitch but nothing too major, no broken bones or nose. I rolled on my back on this fresh serene grass. A breeze kissed my hot skin. Freezing me almost instantly. The sky wasn't blue with puffy cotton ball-like clouds. The sky was a brooding grey. Its sun hiding behind but lit enough to tell it was daytime. Scattering gentle snowflakes down on my face.

'Snow in the middle of May? That . . . cant be right.' The thought alone made me sit up. "I'm . . . Not . . . Dead?" I was positive I was going to die from that mirror. Speaking of the mirror — I twisted my head nearly all the way around to see the mirror but it was nothing but snowed tall grass as the eye could see. All except the buildings in the distance . . .

I rubbed my eyes in belief that I was hallucinating. Only . . . I wasn't. In the distance was a village that seemed to be out of medieval times.

"No . . . No, no, no, no, no . . ." I was no longer in Japan.

I WAS IN ANOTHER WORLD!!!

'That's right . . . That spider demon dragged me into the mirror . . . The spider! It has to be dead right?' I twist my head around again to my foot. It had no webbing, probably dissolved from the weird teleport space place. I saw no spider demon in sight. "Phew," I said in relief. Everything was clear.

"YOU MORTAL WENCH!!!" I nearly choked on air seeing the spider demon limping, moving. Squelsh. "Oh, you have got to be shitting me!" I swear my luck is shit because the damn bitches upper legs grew back!

I pushed myself back on my feet, ignoring my body screaming at me to stop. Destination for now: That village in the distance. 'My bag! Ah-Ha! My bento too! Thank fucking god!' I was so happy to see my things that I seriously wanted to cry. There was no time for tears now! I snagged my stuff off the grass and I ran from the demon. Again.

Every muscle of my body was aching. The adrenaline was wearing off. 'You would have more energy if you hadn't skipped breakfast, moron.' I swear I ridicule myself more in my head than anyone ever could.

I was no athlete. Makoto was the athletic one. She was in the archery club for crying out loud!

Makoto could survive this kind of crazy shit. She knew how to use a bow and make one from scratch! Okay, she had to do that last one for a final grade — still. I was not cut out for any of this other world adventure stuff! I'm a simple office worker who organizes, prints files, overlooks files, and makes sure they are sent to the right people!

This is now my predicament.

Being chased by a spider-angry demon in my fucking pajamas in a whole other world that was beyond the mirror!!!

My stomach hurts from all this running and having no food in my system. I hate running. I hate being hungry. I hated all of this.

Why do good things always happen to good people, huh?!