Chapter 10: Pancakes And A Cat

- ♡ Katsuki's POV ♡ -

"Kat . . . tsuki . . ." Ignore the voice. "Ka . . . tsuki?" Shut up. "Katsuki." I groan tiredly hearing my name. "Don't start shit now you drunkard," I bury my face in her neck "I'm trying to sleep." I grumbled. 'Ugh. This heartbeat. It's so loud.' It was getting louder the more I buried my face. I took in her scent to steer my focus away from the loud racing heart.

Wait a fucking minute.

My body grew stiff as my eyes shot open. 'Oh right . . . I forgot.' I moved back and was face-to-face with the traveler. Her face was practically glowing red from being flustered. "Don't punch me. I can explain." I let her go and she scooted away so fast. 'I should be the one scooting away from this idiot. Not the other way around.' I sigh at the thought and sat up in the bed.

"How much of last night do you remember?" I watched her sit up and hug a pillow "I only remember getting the keys for our room, getting out of the shower, you tucking me in, and kicking a bunch of pillows. Thats all I remember." She kept glancing at me and then away when she told her memories of last night, holding her head.

". . . We didn't -"

"No. Not into that shit."

"Okay . . . Did I . . . Do anything weird?"

"Well . . ."

»»--♡--««

I explained to her about her clinginess and being under the aphrodisiac candy while she was making these pancakes in the little kitchen with the ingredients I gathered yesterday.

I lied about taking care of the aphrodisiac effects on her quickly. Sometimes a little white lie is for the best. I also was not going to dare let her have bragging rights if she found out I got hard from her seduction. I did not mention this part of last night at all for . . . reasons.

She was also getting aggressive with the pancake mixing the more I kept telling her about her shenanigans. So I was saving my breakfast and this chick from losing more of her dignity from the embarrassment she displayed last night.

I was watching her make breakfast from the table. "I'm sorry for being a liability last night and for having you practically babysit my ass." She set the bowl down and gave me one of her smiles "I want to thank you too. For taking care of me. It's been a while since I had been taken care of like that. It's nice." I didn't know what she meant by that. I didn't even get a chance to because she left me to pour the mix into the pan. Her focus is now entirely on these otherworldly pancakes.

In the meantime, keeping myself occupied, I was tidying up the place. Folding the blankets and fixing our bags to be prepared for the long road and flight ahead of us. I hadn't changed much. I don't need many clothes. My body heat was stronger than mortals. I was warm enough for this winter cold going over Stella right now. Also, shirts make me feel like I am suffocating and don't allow me to exert my magic the way I want whenever I use it. It's why I settled for this long-sleeved high-crop drawstring vest with shoulder armor pads; it had a high furred collar. I added knee armor for my new pants that had fur waistband, mainly got them because I liked the way they looked and how they matched my cape. I got a few armor pieces for the chick behind me shoulders and knees; need to have her put them on before we leave.