Chapter 12: Pillow Talk

- ♡ Your POV ♡ -

It was a long flying ride over the mountain and the distance of land between there and the next location. If we had gone on foot it would have taken days. 'I would be grateful for Katsuki's flying had he not been moody.' I had been talking with Shinso most of the ride which made Katsuki huff through his dragon nose. Not just once or twice. He was doing it most of the time!

Eventually, Shinso and I stopped talking to relax in comfortable silence. He shrunk into his cat form to sleep in my lap during the ride. He had told me he sleeps a lot. Making it easier to take him around.

Even now as we walked the rest of the way to the next place, he was huddled in my arms. "You can shove him in your backpack. No need to carry the Fur Ball." Katsuki grumbled beside me. I smile, "I like carrying him. Look at him! He is so cute!" I whisper fangirl over the adorableness of Shinso's cat form. I don't think I can ever get over how cute he is. "I took pictures while we were flying when he was on my lap. I now know how cat ladies feel, it is hard to not have a gazillion photos of their cats." I giggle in full serotonin.

My energy was almost gone from me after the mountain pass fight. I know I didn't fight much but I was scared the entire time. My fear literally drained me! I needed my energy back. Shinso's cat form was helping with that.

Katsuki clicked his tongue then muttered about Shinso becoming our rations for his "laziness". I snort, "He also keeps me warm." I swear if looks can kill was an award, it would go to Katsuki. The death glare that grumpy dragon demon is giving poor sleeping Shinso. It is a good thing he is asleep. Don't want to be on the end of that or wake up to seeing that either.

I expected him to have a snarky comeback or something except he simply said "Alright." then moved to walk ahead.

The stupid winter wind came rushing in the spot he left. He took all the damn warmth with him.

What now?

Do I apologize for my simple opinion for the sake of warmth or do I keep quiet and suffer for my words and pride?

. . .

I decided neither and I strode over to his side again . . . Only for him to stride with those long legs of his to be ahead of me again . . . I got to his side and he did it again. He and I went at this a couple of times before I caved. Well, sort of. I just lost patience.

"Get back here you damn heater!"

"The fuck is a heater?"

"A machine of warmth. Tool from my world."

"I'm a machine and a tool to you?"

"What? No! Don't put words in my mouth!"

"I can do more than that, Earth Girl."

"And you said my jokes were bad."

"Who says I'm joking?"

I froze on the spot at his comeback. My brain exe.error moment from it. If this were my world I would be able to joke easily back. Right now? In this world? I don't know what the hell I should say to that!