Chapter 8: Journey Begins With Flying

Instead of meeting the morning with lovely birds singing and chirping. I was met with a blonde grumpy man yelling at me to wake the hell up.

"Ugh . . . 5 more minutes . . . Make me . . . Ice coffee . . . While you're at it . . ." I pulled the blanket over my head. Only for Katsuki to rip it from my grasp. Exposing me to the burning sun that glared into the cabin through the window. I hissed, "It burns!" I cry while trying to snatch the blanket back. "Get your ass up Earth Girl! We need to get a move on!" He yelled, keeping the blanket out of my reach. He lured me out of the bed while trying to grab the blanket, a stupid dirty trick.

Katsuki points to the bathroom "We have a long day ahead of us if we want to make it to Willow Valley before sundown. By we I mean me - I have fly us and shit. Now go brush your teeth and wash your face!" He ordered like a mom talking to a toddler . . . Don't give me that! I know you are judging!

Ahem. Anyways.

I pouted and gave up trying to argue. I didn't have the energy. "For someone who was stoned in one place how the fuck are you a morning person . . . ?" I tiredly groan out as I dragged my zombie-like body to the bathroom. I stretched while catching a glimpse of Katsuki folding the blanket he snatched. "It's the afternoon you Earth Girl." Katsuki retorts instantly. "I let us sleep longer because we both needed more rest. I am also always a morning person except yesterday. So you better get used to hauling ass." Katsuki states with his hands on his hips. 'Ugh . . . If he is this bad now his morning energy tomorrow will be worse. He is going to be the death of me before any other demon.' I left to the bathroom and did as I was told.

»»--♡--««

I helped tidy the place up even though Katsuki had already done most of the work. After it was all packed, I went to put on my tennies, and as I was tying up the laces . . . I noticed a little ink marking on my wrist. I quickly tied my shoelace to take a closer look. I rubbed it profusely but it wouldn't come off. This wasn't a marking . . . It was a tattoo.

A tiny black tattoo of flames that had mini curls and swoops of its flames. It reflected a light shimmer of red by the sunlight. I shot up to my feet and immediately marched over to Katsuki. "What the hell is this?!" I shoved my wrist up to his face. He didn't even look at the tattoo. The dragon-shifter had his eyes on me and said "Oh yeah. That is the seal mark of our deal. If you tap it twice -" he tapped the tattoo twice and stepped back. The ink glowed red and a red shield came over me. "This condition you set is to protect and not kill you. This will protect you when I am not there. My nails will glow red, notifying me for whenever you use it." He explains simply, showing his hand that had red glowing nails instead of their usual mat black polish color.

The shield was sparkling and bright. Warm too. I was fascinated by it. A smile just spawned on my face seeing it. I was poking at it and it glowed brighter by my touch. It didn't penetrate when I touched it either. "Wipe that look off your face. You look like an idiot." His comment made me lock my focus back on his grumpy ass. Sharing a glare off before nagging me to tap it twice again for the shield to deactivate. "Nothing can penetrate go in or out, same goes for you." He adds this little detail.

It is a good and bad thing.

I can be protected with the shield but once it is around me I cannot allow anyone in even if I wanted to. Magic price? Maybe. It's a guess.