Part XXI

Before reading this chapter, I advise you to re-read chapter 10 (Part X) as the characters of Marco and his father (Leonidas) will be explored. They will begin to play an important roll in the story from this point on.

ᴄᴀʟᴀᴍɪᴛʏ/ɴᴏᴜɴᴀɴ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ ᴄᴀᴜꜱɪɴɢ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏꜰᴛᴇɴ ꜱᴜᴅᴅᴇɴ ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇ ᴏʀ ᴅɪꜱᴛʀᴇꜱꜱ; ᴀ ᴅɪꜱᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ

ᴄᴀʟᴀᴍɪᴛʏ/ɴᴏᴜɴ
ᴀɴ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛ ᴄᴀᴜꜱɪɴɢ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏꜰᴛᴇɴ ꜱᴜᴅᴅᴇɴ ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇ ᴏʀ ᴅɪꜱᴛʀᴇꜱꜱ; ᴀ ᴅɪꜱᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ.

An uneasy mood encompassed the dining room, stifling the family who sat with a full banquet of freshly baked goods

Silence lurked in the atmosphere, as the clinking of the antique cutlery fell present to the many ears.

Ludovica and D'Angelo were seated next to each other, waiting for their daughter to join them for breakfast.

Likewise, the Armani family were seated, the twins glaring awkwardly at their older brother, Salvatore, who appeared to be rather tense.

Camilla, Salvatore's mother, brought a cup of water to her lips, the cold liquid damping her course throat. She sat quietly next to her husband... her eyes glued to her lap.

Sensing the awkwardness, Ludovica cleared her throat in hopes of gaining everyone's attention.

"I want to thank you for the gala last night, Don. Your great efforts truely payed off" Ludo smiled warmly as she brought a glass to the air.

Lifting his glass as well, Salvatore nodded in appreciation yet remained silent.

The tension amongst the group was thick. However, the tension was somewhat eased once Angelita made her presence apparent as she entered the dining room.

The young girl wore a crisp pale pink dress, her hair neatly combed as she tried to tidy her appearance before hand.

Her mother raised a brow at her daughters choice of clothing. The young girl's dress had sleeves which covered her arms. Angel wore such a dress in attempt to cover the bruises and love marks which were given to her by Salvatore the previous night.