Part XXII

ᴀʟɪꜰᴇʀᴏᴜꜱ / ᴀᴅᴊᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴɢꜱ; ᴡɪɴɢᴇᴅ

ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴡɪɴɢꜱ; ᴡɪɴɢᴇᴅ.

With a steady breath, Angel held her position in croisé derriére, concentrating her eyes ahead

With a steady breath, Angel held her position in croisé derriére, concentrating her eyes ahead. Her, along with the other ballerinas, were rehearsing their end of year performance piece.

The music had commenced, with the ballerina dancing skilfully as Marcello watched like a hawk. His hooded eyes analysed each movement, his thick brows sitting heavily atop.

Each ballerina performed the steps like honey, their movements delicate yet precise.

However, a darkened cloud loomed above Angel. No matter how hard she tried to concentrate on the piece, her mind couldn't help but linger on Salvatore and his cruelty.

Her disquiet was evident to everyone. The way her eyes had not once lifted from the ground, or perhaps the way she bit the inside of her cheek to avoid the tears which were threatening to pour.

Despite taking pain relief, the girl's southern region still ached as she performed. She was on the verge on crying out in discomfort, yet she knew better. Marcello had his dark eyes attached to the girl, observing her decrease in skill.

Angel lifted her arms in fifth position, rising to her tiptoes as she delicately moved to the rhythm of the velvet music.

A soft whimper escaped her lips as she struggled to carry out her penché, her leg was raised and stretched as she felt her body burn.

No matter how much she desired a break, she was a determined ballerina. She did not wish to disappoint Marcello... she sought out to impress him, even if it meant to sacrifice her comfort.

"Bene! Everyone take a quick break" Marcello interrupted the performance, stopping the music abruptly as he shook his head in displeasure.
(Alright)

Everyone sighed as they hurried to the benches, chugging down water as they took deep breaths.

Angel, however, stilled in her movements. Her face paled as she sensed the judgement of everyone. Exchanging glances with Marcello, she felt her breath cease in her throat as his face held a look of dissatisfaction.