Part XXIV

ɴʏᴄᴛᴏᴘʜɪʟɪᴀ/ɴᴏᴜɴᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

ɴʏᴄᴛᴏᴘʜɪʟɪᴀ/ɴᴏᴜɴ
ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ.

A grey cloud of smoke emitted from the man's mouth

A grey cloud of smoke emitted from the man's mouth. Salvatore was seated in a black leather chair in his office, files and pages of documents scattered around his oak desk.

It was the following day, and Salvatore was discussing business with a few of his trusted men.

Bringing the toxic stick to his lips, he took a deep breath before closing his eyes and resting his head back.

"Le spedizioni sono state inviate, Don?" Georgio, one of Salvatore's men, inquired as he rested his back against the wall.
(Have the shipments been delivered, Don?)

At the question, Salvatore nodded his head before taking another puff of smoke.

"Ho chiesto a Luca di organizzarli" Salvatore spoke in his foreign language, his thick Italian accent rolling off his tongue.
(I issued Luca to organise them)

Poising himself up from leaning against the wall, Georgio walked towards the small bar which Salvatore had in his office. Grabbing a glass, the man poured himself a drink of whiskey.

"What about Leonidas? Do we have any recent news on that bastardo?" Fabio, another one of Salvatore's men, questioned as he crossed his arms in front of his chest.
(bastard)

Fabio was seated on the couch against the far wall, a cigar grasped between his rugged fingers.

At Fabio's words, Salvatore ran a hand through his thick hair before cursing under his breath.

"The fucker has been hiding well" was all Salvatore responded with as he shook his head in dissatisfaction.

Salvatore tensed as he admitted to such a struggle. Usually, Salvatore and his men could easily track anyone they desired. However, it appeared that Leonidas was a good challenge.