𝟏𝟎- 𝐊𝐚𝐲𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤

. * . * . Maybe . * . *.

Kevin's POV
November, 19th
Friday, 6:07 pm

Kevin's POVNovember,    19thFriday,    6:07 pm

. * . * . * .

' Why is love this complicated .

. * . * . * .

Is that Courtlen? Like the Courtlen I used to be with a couple of years ago? I see her getting a slushy with some dude standing next to her. He look like a wanna be gangster— something I used to be but changed because of the beautiful woman next to him. She helped me change my ways to be healthy. Not for her but for me. I changed for the both of us— just to end up breaking up some months later. Leaving us both heartbroken. I always seen it as right person wrong time. We were so good to each other before we got together.

Just before that we were best friends. We had just finished high school previous to us getting into a relationship. We met our freshman year and didn't stop being friends. Yeah we had our up's and downs during the friendship but we got through them. We were inseparable from each other. Like the day we would argue we'd be right at each other's feet again. Either we were on the phone or I would walk to her house before I got my first car or she would be at mine.

Once I got my car I would pull up on her any moment of the day no matter where she was at. I did because she didn't wanna be where she was at. She loved being out the house— just not with other people that weren't me and a few of her other old friends along with her cousins. We both caught feelings for each other at the same time. We didn't mean to it just happened because that's how life is and how feelings work. The summer after high school we started talking— taking it slow.

. * . * . * .

' We should of been friends .
' We should of waited .

. * . * . * .

Then I asked her out in the middle of college. We went to the same college and was always with each other even if we didn't have the same lessons. But then year three of college is where it all went down hill. We both started to get distant with each other. Neither of us were cheating we just kind of departed, once we decided to sit down and talk— she broke down in front of me before she could even get a word out. She cried for at least thirty minutes maybe forty five. I don't really remember the exact but I know it was for a while.

We sat and talked for an hour then she left. Both us of us feeling empty that we agreed to end our relationship. It was for the best because clearly it stopped going somewhere. We barely talked, we weren't really around each other no more. The good thing is that we ended off on good terms and not bad ones. After that we never talked, we made eye contact every once in a while yet that was it. Sooner or later we finished college and went out separate ways. Now I'm seeing her again a couple of years later.