Team Bonding For Everyone

I woke up startled, ears straining as I caught the sound of my front door opening. I rolled out of bed instantly, landing softly on the ground and tugging my kunai pouch off of the nightstand to tie around my thigh. The door clicked shut and with it went my sleep. I crept to my bedroom door and wondered if it was worth confronting whoever was there or if I should just run while I could. Ultimately, it didn't matter, because soft steps came towards my room. My hand lowered to clench at the handle of a kunai. Instead of the door opening like I expected, a soft knock was tapped against the wood. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Sakura?" Sasuke's voice carried through the wood almost gently. Almost, because Sasuke couldn't be gentle anymore than he could help being a brat. "Are you still asleep?"

Not anymore, no thanks to him. I stepped back a reasonable distance from the door and cleared my throat.

"No," I called out. "I'm just changing. Do we have team training today?"

I could have sworn Kakashi said he would see us at the exam.

"No. Kakashi left a note at the bridge that he wanted us to take some D-ranks together while he submitted our paperwork."

I made a noise of confusion at the back of my throat. "I never gave Kakashi my paperwork."

When Sasuke answered, his voice was as dry as the summer sun. "Neither did I."

"Do you think Naruto'll show up?" I called as I tugged on a pair of training shorts.

"Probably," Sasuke said indifferently.

"Well, okay," I sighed. "Help yourself to whatever's in the kitchen. If you want something specific for breakfast, feel free to make it."

Sasuke's answer came in the form of a grunt and his steps carrying out into the hallway. I placed a hand over my beating heart. Why the hell couldn't he just knock on the outside door like normal?! Maybe I shouldn't have given him key privileges. Was this going to become a regular thing? Maybe I should hide that key better... I heard my kitchen sink turn on while I started to change. He'd better be making me tea too.

I tugged on a navy shirt I didn't remember owning and went to find the rest of my gear. By the time I went out to find Sasuke, the tea kettle he set on my stove was crying out. He's lucky I bought mugs and teacups yesterday, or he'd have to drink hot tea out of glass cups.

"Where do you keep the tea?" He asked, opening cabinets and draws at random.

Sasuke's eyebrows crept closer to his hairline as he opened a cabinet to the right of the sink. He turned to look at me judgingly. I raised a brow right back at him, unashamed. The unopened bottles of soju and baijiu gleamed innocently.

"Not there, clearly. It's the drawer next to the silverware."

"I didn't take you for a drunkard," Sasuke said accusingly.

"Because I'm not," I shrugged. "I just like casually drinking, which I obviously haven't done yet. The bottles are still closed."

Sasuke 'hn'ed at me, closing the drawer haughtily and opening the drawer with packets of instant tea in it. He wrinkled his nose at it and went for the loose-leaf tea that I'd never bothered to try. I rolled my eyes at his dramatics and went to my fridge to find things to make breakfast with.

"Have you eaten yet?" I asked, eyeing a couple of eggs.

"I don't eat before training," Sasuke grunted.

I stood up straight and looked at him over the fridge door.

"Have you trained yet?" I asked pointedly.