Chapter 2

Gulp, gulp….. .

Maya held me in her arms and brought a bottle of warm milk to my mouth. I hurriedly sucked the milk down.

‘Damn, I can’t believe I’m a baby sucking on a bottle…..but I can’t help it because I’m so stupidly hungry.’

It had already been three months since my mom’s funeral was held.

My arms and legs were getting chubby, and my neck was a little stiff.

“You’re a good drinker, My Lady,” Maya cooed, her warm eyes on me.

I’d never seen her name in the original, but maybe she was a maid brought by my mother, Trisha, from her home, Quenne.

The head maid gave Maya the task to look after me, and she did her best for me, even though she often shed tears, thinking of Trisha when she saw me.

“How nice it would have been if the Duchess was still alive.” Maya sniffed again, and when I finished emptying the bottle, she stood up and hugged me.

“No one cares about the young lady; it’s as if they forgot you exist.”

It seemed that I had already been forgotten by my family, and seeing that no one had come to see me since the day I was born, were things still the same as in the original?

I suddenly remembered the blue system window I saw on the day I was born.

‘’Legendary fate’ – what are you talking about?’

Legendary Fate may be fitting for Evan Taylor, the main character, but it certainly doesn’t suit the Korean-American extra Sasha Winchester.

Moreover, the meaning of the last window that appeared was even more difficult to understand.

[Complete various achievements to lay the groundwork.]

‘I don’t know what’s going on.’

Maya started patting me on the back. Being a baby with a completely blank slate of a mind meant….it would be more difficult that I thought.

Thump, thump, thump, thump.

There was something coming up from inside of me.

“Ok!”

The process of a series of burps coming out of the mouth was shameful.

In addition, the sight of Maya being so happy with my burp conjured a thousand emotions in my heart – mostly shame, though.

“Well done, My Lady.”

She praised me, laid me on the crib and continued. “Now, shall we look at the diapers?”

I struggled with all my might, but she easily grabbed my feet with one hand and began to change the diaper.

This was the moment I hated the most.

“Wuah! Wuah!”

“If we don’t change your diaper, your butt will hurt, My pretty Lady.”

I know that, but it does not lessen my hate of this.