Chapter 35

“Miss, where have you been? I was surprised when you disappeared.”

“Oh my, flowers! So pretty! Lovely flowers!”

One day, a few days before turning four, I pointed at the flower bed with my finger.

“You have to hold my hand tightly. Got it?”

I understood why Maya always acted so protective.

When something happens to me, her life is in danger. Thinking about that, I felt sorry for Maya.

“Mmh.”

In truth, it was a lie to say that I had briefly visited the flower bed.

Another special area alert popped up, unhesitatingly, I went in for a moment and came back out.

In Maya’s eyes, it would have appeared as if I had disappeared the moment I let go of her hand.

Anyway, in that room, I discovered a threatening letter from the notebook I had seen before.

If I came back, they would find me at all costs. Judging by the threatening wording, it was clear that the owner of the room was an eccentric individual with no time to spare.

The handwriting seemed fierce, and the temperament behind it felt nasty.

Yeah, I hate boring rooms like this too, okay?

I wrote a single symbol in reply and left the room.

Now, even if another special area alert came up, I had no intention of entering.

“Hyah! Hyah!” The coachman urged the horses onward, and before long– 

“We have arrived at the Winchester Library.”

After a brief detour through the special area, I gazed enchantedly at the new world unfolding before me.

The spacious area was filled with bookshelves, and tens of thousands of books neatly arranged.

The place Maya and I had come to today was the library located to the east of the mansion.

I wanted to come a little earlier, but somehow ended up being late… But since I’m here, let’s read to my heart’s content!

“Miss, the children’s books are over there…….”

“Awesome!”

“Huh? But those books are… imperial history books…”

“Awesome! Amazing again!”

I excitedly raised my finger and pointed to the books I wanted to read.

In truth, even in my past life, I quite enjoyed reading. I read everything from classical literature to essays to romance novels.

“Are you sure you want to read these? They probably won’t be interesting at all…”

Maya pulled out the books I pointed to with a hesitant look in her eyes. 

When I wanted to sit down, Maya placed a cushion on the library chair and adjusted the desk height for me. I started reading the books.

“Are you uncomfortable?”

“No!”

Even if it wasn’t “Taylor’s Home,” the book I saw in the special area, it was still a way to gather information through different books.

As I flipped through the thick pages and began to read, I could feel Maya and the maids exchanging curious glances. They seemed to think I was enjoying the illustrations.