Chapter 25

<Taylor’s Home> was a fantasy novel, not a romance novel.

Therefore, the story revolves around the main character, Evan Taylor, and there is no heroine – although I don’t know if that was the author’s preference.

The female characters had a very limited role.

However, despite the lack of a love interest, there were at least two candidates for Evan’s love interest in the readers’ minds, one of which was Permetis Winchester. The other was a man, the Lord of the Magic Tower, Casillion.

Permetis Winchester, the only daughter of Zestia Winchester.

She is raised by Zestia to be a wicked villain, but when she meets Evan Taylor as a teenager, she is swayed by his righteous ideas.

She eventually befriends him, passing on confidential information about the vicious Winchesters to him, and is instrumental in Evan’s capture of the Winchesters.

For the Winchesters, it’s a stab in the back.

The real twist here is her relationship with Othello Winchester.

He became obsessed with her to the point where he would do anything for his eighth cousin, Permetis. 

The moment he became obsessed…… was after Permetis got lost in the summer and nearly died because of his mistake.

It seems to have been after she hugged him and said, “I’m glad you’re okay, brother,” when Othello offered an insincere apology.

Anyway, even on death’s doorstep, after learning of Permetis’s betrayal, Othello says to her, ‘I’m glad you’re safe as well’.

Othello, a sociopathic psycho and one of the story’s main villains, dies on a very emotional note.

It was an episode that had a lot of comments about how it was a love story and how people shouldn’t glorify crazy villains.

But this kid…… is that Permetis?

“…….”

There was something ominous about my reflection in her red eyes.

“She can’t talk yet; she’s a baby. Awww, she’s so cute.”

It was foreboding.

Before she met Evan Taylor, she was raised to be a villain. And after falling for Evan…… she becomes a traitor in the eyes of the Winchesters.

As a reader, hearing Permetis say that she was skeptical of Winchester’s brutal, dark life and now wanted to bring light to the world was quite welcome, but…….

I am a Winchester. Sasha Winchester. A character who, in the original series, rose and fell with the Winchesters.

Of course, I would eventually escape and become independent somehow, but she was not a welcome character to me. I had an instinctive reaction.

“Don’t…….”

I reflexively took two steps back and grabbed Othello’s arm.

He turned to me with his eyebrows raised.

“Ba……by?”

I could see Permetis’s eyes waver a little.

‘I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be friendly with you.’

“I won’t. Geez!”

Jin observed the awkward pause for a moment, then spoke.

“You’re a stranger, Peri.”