Wattpad Original
There are 14 more free parts

Ch 4: Mitch

"Can we go over the plan again?"

"Skyler, I'm an actor. I can handle this."

"Then this is for me."

Skyler clenches the steering wheel tightly as we head to the restaurant Lily chose. I thought last night would be the end of our fake relationship. Except, Lily's so pissed she's demanding a full explanation. I feel a mischievous sort of thrill that I get to give her one.

I had to plead my case with the agency, and Becca, over an impromptu video call last night. It took a lot of my skills but I got them off my back, and gave me a promise to hold back the press, until I choose to disclose my 'new relationship'. I can't tell them that was Lily Collins' son in the picture and that we're not even dating, they're never going to let me out in public again.

"So," he glances over at me. "Tell me again."

Holding back a sigh, I count on my fingers. "Number one, we are going to stick as close to the truth as possible."

"Good."

"Number two, as far as your mom knows we have been dating for a while and know each other well. Which shouldn't be too hard, we do know a little about each other. But I still think if you let me tell your mom that you have a tattoo on your ass it would end all of the 'how well do you two know each other' questions."

"You'd like to think so." Skyler's face is pained. "And I told you I don't have any tattoos."

"Okay but would she know that?"

"Next."

"Fine. Always agree with what the other one says. To be honest, if I back myself into a corner, I'm going to excuse myself to the bathroom and let you deal with it."

"Thanks." Skyler responds dryly. The car pulls to a stop in front of the restaurant. "Hold on. What is the most important thing to remember when dealing with Mother?"

"Ooh, should I call her 'Mother', too?" I want to see Lily's face hearing that.

"No. Now tell me."

"Don't rise to her bait."

"Do not rise to her bait!" Skyler nods confidently. "She is just having trouble believing. Once we convince her we're really dating she won't interfere anymore."

"Alright. Then, let's go."

Skyler hands the car over to the valet and we head inside the Italian restaurant. I've been to some posh places but this one for the elites. The host leads us away from the main dining room and down a hall of private rooms.

The obscured french doors open to a bright and lavish dining room. A server stands against one wall next to a discreet hallway. The table is set for three places, Lily is already seated and waiting.

"Mother, how are you?"

"Hello, Lily." Our greetings are only met with a nod. We take the other two seats at the table, one on each side of Lily.

"Mitch," Lily barely looks in my direction. "Thank you for joining us for lunch."

Us?

"My pleasure," I murmur. I am already fighting my promise not to let her rile me. Lily signals the server to begin. She brings out the prepared food, setting the plates down before excusing herself. The delicious looking food does nothing for me at this moment.

Picking up her fork and knife, Lily gets right to the point. "I had the picture from last night taken down and I made sure Skyler's name wasn't mentioned."