Wattpad Original
There are 11 more free parts

Ch. 7: Mitch

"He doesn't live with his mother, does he?" Becca asks me on the way to Skyler's house.

"No." Jesus, I hope not. He's talked before as if he lived alone.

Not that I don't have some pretty explicit words to say to Lily after today's fucking fail. My face still feels the sting of embarrassment over that clip that aired. However, none of these thoughts are appropriate to say in front of Skyler.

Becca drives along the brightly lit, old streets of Skyler's neighborhood. The closely packed driveways stretch back towards the large, looming houses of brick and stone. In a neighborhood so close to downtown, it's never seen a drop of gentrification, this is straight up old wealth. "Help watch for the number, we're getting close."

Once we find it, Becca turns up the well-maintained brick driveway, pulling to a stop in front of the wide steps. As Becca grabs her bags out of the car she lets out a low whistle. "I thought you had money, but this is some money."

I take my garment bags from the back and swing them over one shoulder, taking in the impressive building. Before we get to the top of the steps, the front door opens, letting out a triangle of light, Skyler silhouetted in the doorway.

"Hey." I feel my face break into a smile. I gesture to Becca with my free hand. "Let me introduce you two, this is Becca Smith, my manager."

"It's nice to meet you." Skyler automatically reaches out for a handshake.

"Becca, meet Skyler Collins."

Becca drops her bags into his outstretched hand instead. "You, too. Let me see what we're working with here." She skirts past him and heads inside.

"Don't mind her, she'll make herself at home, I guess." I enter when Skyler steps aside, pulling the door shut behind me.

"Well, welcome. Come in." The wide foyer is stylish but elaborately decorated, definitely Lily's tastes. From what I can see of the living room beyond us, it's the same, ready for a magazine spread. "Let me take those."

Skyler sets the bags down right inside the living room before taking the garment bags from me and draping from over the couch. "You said you wanted to take some pictures."

Becca pivots where she stands. "More like need to take some pictures. You're dating the most beautiful man in the world and there are no pictures of dates, no couple selfies, no candids. Are you insane?"

Skyler raises his eyebrows, his mouth dropping open soundlessly.

"She's kidding," I rush in. Becca winks with a smirk before resuming her exploration, heading into the connecting dining room and beyond. "She already knows the truth."

"I see." Skyler watches uncertainly in the direction Becca wandered. "So, what do I need to do?"

Becca breezes back in, heading for the opposite hallway. "You need to change, where's your bedroom?"

Skyler and I follow at a slower pace to find her already in the closet, doors pushed open wide, and rifling through Skyler's clothes.

"Becca," my voice holds a warning note. This isn't Wardrobe, we're not on set. "You're making yourself too comfortable."

Becca throws a grin over her shoulder at Skyler. "You don't mind, do you?"

Skyler returns her smile awkwardly and shakes his head.

"Perfect, then Mitch, come help me choose some outfits for him."

I catch Skyler glancing down at himself. "What's wrong with this?"

We both turn to him, giving him a once over with experienced eyes. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this man, he'd fill out a paper bag perfectly.

"Mmm, nothing," Becca answers, "just a little plain. We're going for more panache tonight. We're going to try and portray a few dates and post everything on Insta. We did our research and your mother won't be able to predict or control us there."