Book 1 Chapter 18

The Avengers, Betty, MJ and Peter were standing in front of Midtown High, it was five in the evening and it was empty.

"So, do you have weapons?"You all said your 'yeah' 'yeah' or in Clint's case, 'Hell yeah!'

Peter looked at the school, determined to end this evil.But he still had a strange feeling that something was going to happen today.

"Well, here we go..." Tony said, after putting a hand on Peter's shoulder.They entered a dark building. Nobody, nowhere.MJ was clutching a baseball bat as she closed the front door.They reached a corridor.

"You could make the gate here." Bruce said and Peter walked in front of the wall.He looked at her and after a moment he stretched out his hand, the wall seemed to open up.Until finally there was a hole that could be safely passed through.Peter wiped his nose with his sleeve. He expected it to be harder.But closing will be a different song.

"Great job Bambi" Tony said and Steve and Clint and Thor walked into the 'gate'.

"We're going to find Ned, you wait here," Steve said, walking deeper.

"What if the creature is out there somewhere?" Betty asked and Peter was afraid of it too.Peter was about to reply, but then they heard footsteps from the next corridor.Peter knew the footsteps and stood up quickly, Tony noticed and followed Peter.

"Pete? What's happening? Do you know who it is?"Peter just nodded.As if on cue, Richard Parker and the other Hydra soldiers emerged from the corridor.

"I see you've had a little party here, huh Peter?!" He finally raised his voice a little.Peter reached out and threw Richard against one of the walls.

"Get him!" He yelled at the soldiers and Tony stood in front of Peter even in his armor.The soldiers started running, but suddenly froze. Tony didn't understand what was going on. He looked behind him to see that Peter was doing it. Then blood began to flow from their eyes and ears, and then they fell dead to the ground.Peter felt suddenly weak and Tony quickly grabbed both of his hands.After a while the light flashed...

"Blood..." MJ said and Bruce continued, 

"It's here."Tony was now supporting Peter and when he looked towards the fallen Hydra soldiers he saw the white creature.She approached them slowly. More soldiers ran up and fired at the demogorgon.

Tony took Peter in his arms and ran into the same door with the others.Tony placed Peter on one of the benches. Natasha, MJ, Betty and Bruce carried the other benches and chairs, paving the way to them.

-

Steve, Thor, and Clint called Ned's name through the halls of the school.

"Ned!"

"Yeah!?" They heard him call from one of the corridors and then they heard footsteps like someone running.In a few moments, a black-haired boy was with them.

"Dude! It's the Avengers!? Oh my god!"

"Yeah, we're the Avengers, kid, but we gotta get out of here now!" Clint said and Ned started to shake his head rapidly.

-

"I can't hear anything..." Nat whispered as she stood near the classroom door.

"It's like the calm before the storm," said Bruce, who by some miracle wasn't the Hulk yet.Peter was sitting on the chair next to Tony, Tony was chatting with him. Or rather, Peter just listened.

"Wait!" MJ said.

"I hear it too!" Betty also shouted in a whisper, and after a while Nat heard a strange sound.