Chapter 1: 4:23 AM

"You said you loved me" The memory had turned bitter. "I jUsT mEaNt iT aS iN I lOvE yOu As A fRiEnD" John hated the fact that he said that. He wished he could have Charlie, his Charlie back, even if it were for 5 minutes, so he could tell her how much he loved her and how much she meant to him.

It had been 2 weeks since Charlie. Since everything. Clay and Jessica were still looking for Charlie. John knew that they wouldn't find her. John couldn't keep track of time anymore. He had nothing to live for. She meant everything to him. Nobody cared about him. Well his friends did, but he felt worthless. They didn't love him. But she did.

Right now John was in bed. It was 4:17 AM and it was way too early to get up. He decided to turn the TV on for the background noise. 5 minutes later at 4:23 AM John heard someone knocking on the door. John didn't know who'd be knocking on his door this early in the morning. John just figured that it was his annoying neighbor Chester knocking to complain about the noise from the TV.

John got out of bed wearing only a white t-shirt and a pair of gray sweatpants. He went to the door fully expecting Chester to start yelling at him but no. He didn't hear Chester's voice (that sounded like nails on a chalkboard). But he did hear a voice. A voice that he had heard before. A voice that actually sounded pleasant. A voice that he'd so desperately wanted to hear again. It was Charlie's. It was his Charlie's.

"John? I know this entire situation is really strange but can I stay here for a bit? I understand if you say no. I mean, you probably have so much going on in your life and I don't want to be a burden."

Charlie had the green jacket that she'd always wear wrapped tight around her chest, probably to stop the bleeding. Or at least to let her walk around without people being concerned.