Chapter 10: Questions

Time skip to when John got out of the hospital.

It had been 6 days since John had gotten out of the hospital. Charlie was still living with John for the time being. Life seemed to be going uphill. But John was acting weird for the last 2 days. He acted more nervous than usual. He was stuttering a lot. He seemed to be blushing whenever he was talking to Charlie. Or at least that's what Charlie thought, but maybe it was just lighting, or maybe she was just going insane. He seemed more fidgety than normal.

Charlie knew that John was working on a new story, so maybe he was just thinking about what he could write in the story. But that wasn't what was plaguing John's mind. It was something else.

Later that night (After John and Charlie went to bed)

John and Charlie had just gone to bed. Both of them were sleeping in the same bed because neither of them were in a condition to sleep on the couch. They were both stabbed, and even though Charlie was in better condition than John was, John still didn't want her to sleep on the couch, considering she wasn't in that good of condition, besides both John and Charlie liked having the warmth of the other besides them.

John couldn't fall asleep. He felt the warmth of Charlie next to him, and it was comforting. Yet he still couldn't fall asleep. All he could think about was Charlie. She was so pretty. Her eyes looked like coffee and seemed to sparkle. Her hair was slightly frizzy and shoulder-length. Her hair suited her face shape. She was just gorgeous.

The next day at 3:15 PM

John and Charlie were at the Cherry blossom tree that they would hang out at when they were little. There was a bench swing on the thickest branch of the tree that 2 people could sit on. There was a light breeze. The 2 of them were standing in front of the swing. Charlie looked beautiful. Her eyes looked like pools of honey, the light shone on her face. She was wearing the same thing she normally wore.

"So John, you said you wanted to ask me something?"

"Y-yeah, umm" John took a deep breath in. His heart was beating out of his chest.

"Charlie, will you be my girlfriend?"