Chapter 7: Phone Call Part 1

Charlie opened her eyes, fully expecting to have been stabbed even though she didn't feel like she had gotten stabbed. But opening her eyes confirmed that she wasn't the one who got stabbed. It would've been better if she was the one that got stabbed. Before she could even blink again to ensure she wasn't dreaming, she felt something, rather someone, fall into her arms.

That someone was John. John had gotten stabbed instead of her. Charlie looked in front of her but saw nobody. It was like Elizabeth had disappeared. There were only 2 people in the apartment now. It was just her and John.

Before Charlie could even form another thought she saw Clay, Carlton, and Marla at the door.

"Charli- OH MY GOD".

Charlie couldn't remember what was said after that. Everything else that happened after that happened in a blur. She remembered seeing an ambulance and John being taken away in said ambulance. She also remembered blood on her hands.

A day later

Charlie was in bed, well, in John's bed, but she was trying to go to sleep. As much as she tried to go to sleep, she couldn't. That one moment kept replaying in her head. But then all of a sudden she heard the phone ringing. Which was weird since it was 4:23 AM. Charlie decided to wait 3 minutes to make sure that whoever was calling wasn't a scam caller trying to waste her time. After 3 minutes the phone was still ringing, so she got out of bed and decided to go pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Charlie? It's me, Jessica. What happened? Carlton and Marla have been acting really strange. I know its like 4:30 AM but I need answers. I already asked Marla AND Carlton but neither of them said anything. Same went for Clay."

"Elizabeth found me and tried to stab me"

"OH MY GOD, ARE YOU OKAY??"

"Physically yes" Charlie tried to hold back tears as she said that.

"Are you okay mentally? You don't sound alright, you sound like you're about to cry. You can tell me what happened."

"J-John got stabbed".