Chapter 9: Just a Nightmare

Charlie's eyes shot open as she bolted awake. It was just a dream. Well, most of it. John still was in the hospital, yes, but he was still alive. Probably anyway. She fell asleep for 5 minutes on the couch. She looked down at her clothes to possibly remember what she was about to do when she remembered that she was about to go to the hospital. When she had gotten to the door, she heard the phone start to ring.

When she picked up the phone she heard Jessica on the other line.

"CHARLIE! John's awake! The hospital called me and said that John's awake!"

"That's great! But why did they call you of all people?

"Because- why did they call me? If anything they should've called you"

"Well, let's think about that later, but first I need to get to the hospital right now. By- wait, I still don't have my car. Can you drive me to the hospital?'

"Sure, I'm gonna pick up Carlton and Marla as well."

In John's hospital room

The heart monitor was still beeping and John was awake.

"John, how did you even get stabbed?" Carlton asked. He didn't know how John got stabbed because, by the time he and Marla had gotten there, Elizabeth had already disappeared.

"Elizabeth stabbed me, I thought she was gonna stab Charlie since she said that she something about not letting her have a happy ending but she just stabbed me instead."

"Who's Elizabeth?"

"Fake Charlie, or in your words "Hot Charlie""

"Ohh Hot Charlie"

"Hot Charlie? Really Carlton? Of all the things you could call her you call her Hot Charlie?" Charlie asked.

"Hey! Judge me all you want but it gets the point across."

"😑"

Charlie did know why Carlton thought her doppelganger was hot and frankly didn't want to know. Charlie would've been more concerned if John wasn't still in the hospital. Charlie was just glad that John was alive.