Lincoln Campbell

I sat at the top of the mountain with a book in my hand. I had been here two weeks and Lincoln has been avoiding me ever since we locked eye contact.
It's not like we like each other. I hardly know him.
The book lay open on my knee, not being read. I was too distracted to even focus.
"_____?" Someone said from behind me.
I turned to see what I had heard to be Rena.
Covered in thorns.
"Raina." I acknowledged.
"I see you heard of my vision." She said, keeping her distance.
"Yes." I said, closing my book.
I turned to face her.
"Its going to happen... Sooner than we ever expected." She said, turning on her heel.
"When?" I asked.
She was gone before I could follow her.

- - - -

I was making my way back to Skye's cabin when an explosion went off in the cabin beside me.
I was throw across the path towards the water fountain.
"_____!" Someone shouted.
I pushed myself up and touched my stinging head.
A small cut.
"Skye!" I said, running over on week legs.
"Where is everybody?" I asked.
"Gordon is taking them out group by group." Skye said.
Raina stood in the distance and gasped as her head flung backwards.
"You go... I have to go last... I'm not like you." I said, pushing Skye away.
Some hydra agents came storming in.
I grabbed a metal pole that had landed perfectly from the explosion and a knife in my other hand.
I took down the first three agents in succession, until I was surrounded by too many.
"_____!" Lincoln shouted running over.
I dived towards two hydra agents knocking them to the floor, as I took on some more. Lincoln also fought them off before we had to retreat.
"Lincoln you need to go... Go find Gordon." I said.
"I'm not leaving you." He said.
"You have to... I am nothing special and when they realise that you will all be safe." I said.
"When they realise that. You will be dead." He said.
I turned to run back out of the cabin we had taken cover in.
I felt his hand grab my wrist turning me back around.
"Lincoln... The vision said you couldn't save me... There is no point trying to edit it." I said.
He pulled me close and placed a hand on my cheek. The other moving from my wrist to my waist.
"The future can always be edited." He said, pressing his lips to mine.
I pulled back, and gave an apologetic smile.
"Im sorry. Gordon... Lincoln needs to get out of here." I said, moving further away.
"No!" He cried as Gordon landed beside of him.
"Gordon! _____, she is coming to!" Lincoln cried, tears threatening to fall.
The door of the building collapsed.
"Go!" I cried, before running off.
"______!" I heard Lincoln cry before the sound of Gordon disappearing followed...
- - - -
Lincoln's POV

"Gordon! Where is she?" I demanded when he came through the door with Skye.
It had been two days since I left _____, she demanded I left... And now hydra have her.
"Hydra... They took her. They are experimenting on her as we speak... She grows weaker." Gordon said, his head hung slightly.
"You have to save her!" I cried.
"Lincoln... I was almost captured trying to save her... Just like I was when you were taken." He said.
Skye stepped forward.
"Raina... She saw..." Skye paused as I turned away.
"Tell me." I said, a tear rolling down my cheek.
"She foresaw _____ getting out... But in bad shape..." She started.
"How bad?" I asked, turning around.
"Close to death... Gordon would drop us both off at S.H.I.E.L.D again... And we would go into this hydra base... We would get her.. And you would have to start her heart.. As she will be getting operated on when we go... She will get out... But in bad shape." Skye explained.
"Then what are we waiting for?" I asked...