Grant Ward

"______! Duck!" Ward shouted.

"Where?" I teased as I dropped to my knees on the floor, marginally dodging the bullet flying past my shoulder.

"Next time ju- Duck!" he cried.

"Where?" I smirked, dodging the bullet before firing my own back at Hydra.

Ward grumbled as we knocked out the Hydra barricade and progressed further into the base. They weren't getting away with this, they weren't escaping. We've come to close to go back empty handed.

Cut off one head and two more grow back...

Yeah, yeah I've read the books, I've watched Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. I am well aware the mystical beast Hydra grows two head when one is cut off.

But I didn't expect real life to take it so literally, I think this is the fourteenth head we have taken, and more just keep growing.

"Do you ever imagine that this will all stop?" I asked Ward as we hid behind a wall, escaping the heavy fire of bullets.

"If Captain America couldn't stop it, then what says we can? You probably never will" he asked, leaning to peer out from where we hid.

I looked at him quizzically, does he know something? Is he hiding something.

"Ward, you know I love you... and I know when your lying.... So would you care to tell me what your not telling me?"

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"You said, 'You probably never will' shouldn't it have been 'we'?" I asked.

"I did say we." he said, scratching his arm before firing at the Hydra agents.

"You didn't." I said.

"I did."

"Didn't."

"Did."

"Didn't"

"Did"

"Did-" I was interrupted by Wards lips on mine.

I smiled, as I melted into the kiss.

"Guys, now is not the time for romantic embraces, save it for behind closed doors." Coulson said through comms.

"Sorry Phil." I blushed, pulling away from Ward and creating distance.

- - - -

"Your never going to beat us." John Garrett announced.

"There is just one of you, your out numbers John just give up!" I shouted over at him.