Antoine Triplett

"Hey sweetheart." Trip winked as he walked passed me in the corridor.

"Trip." I replied coldly.

I wasn't falling for his antics.

"Why so cold ______? You wound me." he said, placing his hand on his chest as I turned to face him.

I started to turn around on my heel to continue in my direction. "I won't be your booty call this week." 

Trip's jaw dropped as I spun around and made my exit.

Once I was certain I was out of sight my façade dropped.

My heart tore a little more.

I loved him... 

But he was just a playboy.

- - - -

"______?" Trip asked, grabbing my arm to stop me in my tracks.

I looked up at him through my eyelashes.

"I just wanted you to know that I-" he started.

"______. Training room now please." May announced standing no more than ten metres away.

I nodded at her watching her retreat into the training room before turning back to Trip. "I have to go. Later?"

He smiled softly at me, before nodding and releasing my arm.

"Again!" May announced as she flipped me once again onto my back.

"We've been at this all afternoon." I groaned, rolling onto my front before pushing myself up to stand.

"And you've been making them same rookie mistakes. Your better than this ______." she said, turning into a defensive stance.

"I'm exhausted." I excused, rolling my shoulders before taking a similar stance.

"Submerse yourself. Find a goal. Reach for it. Focus. Breathe." she spoke as we circled the training mat watching the other waiting and anticipating their first move.

"Feel the attack. Expect it. Reverse it." She said, before swinging her left fist through the air.

"Feel it." I groaned, rolling onto my front once again before pushing myself up.

It was beginning to grow dark outside.

And there was a presence at the training room door.

Trip.

"Again." I announced.

"Your improving." May spoke, smiling smugly.

"I learn from the best." I said... distractedly.