Leo Fitz

I held my textbooks close to my chest as I walked down the corridors of the academy towards my next class.

"Ahh _____." Mr Wright spoke loudly as I approached his door.

I looked up at his tall height as he greeted me, ready to politely return his greetings.

"I have moved your seats to sit next to Mr Fitz." he said.

I looked around the door and into the room to see an empty seat next to Leo.

"My old seat Sir?" I asked.

"I have moved Tom next to you friend, Rose as I believe we will all work harder with new partners to work with... stop muttered chatters between two certain young ladies." he spoke knowingly.

"Sorry Sir." I apologised a light blush tinting my cheeks.

"Off you run to your seat we are about to start." he said, ushering me into the room and heading towards his desk at the front.

"Hi." Leo smiled as I placed my things gently on the desk.

"Hi." I smiled in return.

"The Hunger Games?" He questioned.

"Yes it's my favourite book." I said, toying with the corner of the worn front page.

"It looks well read." he chuckled.

"This is my sixth time reading it." I giggled in reply.

He looked at me flabbergasted.

"I've read the Twilight series three times... and Inkheart twice." I smiled, reaching for my notebook.

"I've read the Lord of the Rings twice." he smiled at me before turning to look at the front as Mr Wright began to speak.

Maybe sitting next to Leo wouldn't be too bad...

- - - - 

"Hi Leo." I smiled as I gently took my seat next to him.

"Hi." He spoke roughly not looking up at me.

I frowned.

Over the last four weeks we had spoken like best friends. He had helped me and I had proudly helped him once myself.

Something I wouldn't stop boasting about.

But this was different.

He was acting so cold and... ignoring me almost.

.

"Rose? Do you know why Leo is ignoring me?" I asked as I rushed up to meet up with her at the end of class.

Rose giggled.

"What?" I asked quizzically.

"All Tom has been doing is complaining about how much Leo wouldn't stop talking about you." she said.

"I don't understand Leo and I are friends." 

"Oh your so naïve and innocent ______." she chided playfully.

"Can you please explain?" I asked, walking in front of her and blocking her path.

"Girl! He likes you."