Lance Hunter

"Sir, please bring them back." I pleaded as he prepared to leave and bring back Bobbi and Lance.

I loved Bobbi to pieces she was like another sister, but for the past few months my relationship with Lance has taken a new spin.

No longer were we work colleagues... well yes we still are but we are no longer friends... we haven't made it official yet but I am madly heads over heels in love with him... and I'm kinda hoping he feels the same since he was the one who wanted to make us public...

"_____, I will try my best. They may have to go under new identities but it is a risk we all are willing to take." Phil said.

I nodded, holding onto the truck door ready to close it behind his departure.

"Don't worry ____, sit tight and relax I will bring your boyfriend back in one piece." he smirked before leaving me with my jaw hanging.

- - - -

"You only have ninety seconds sir before they will go back on line so you will have to be quick." Fitz said into Phil's ear piece.

"Ready to go live in three... two... one... now." Mack said from beside Fitz.

"Now, I have ninety seconds before Fitz will loose control of their system to explain what is to happen in the upcoming minutes." Phil started.

"Sir." Lance acknowledged, he didn't look happy to see Phil.

"Once we get you out of here you will be placed under new identities since your current have been exposed to the outside environment. This will take patience and could mean you will be off of field duty for a number of weeks while everything settles and is forgotten about and erased. We have an extraction truck waiting right out-" Phil started explain quickly, trying not to waste his valuable seconds that were ticking away rapidly, faster than anyone would like.

"Sir, we have made up our decision." Bobbi said, glancing at Lance before casting a regretful glance to Phil.

"We will not be returning to SHIELD. We have accepted the risks and we are to take them on our shoulders. We will not endanger any of the others." Bobbi sighed.

My heart tightened in my chest.

"You don't have to make this decision now. You can still work in the SHIELD base, just not in the f-" Phil started again.

"We have made this decision sir... it is for the best." Bobbi said.

My heart crumbled.

"___-" Phil started again.

"I know what I am leaving behind..." Lance said, coughing awkwardly.

"Very well." Phil said.

"Sir, they are about to reconnect." Fitz said, as Mack made his way towards me, as he caught my distressed heartbroken expression as I tried so hard to fight back the tears.

"Well there seems to have been some sort of misunderstanding here today. And it looks like you were just telling the truth about foraging for mushrooms in the woods around this area. If you are to trespass on these areas again you will not be let off so lightly..." Phil paused.

"You are free to go." he said, before leaving the room.

Leaving Bobbi and Lance alone.