Grant Ward

"Don't do anything rash or stupid." Dad warned.

"Don't do something you would do. I get it Dad." I sighed, smirking slightly.

"I mean it ______. One wrong move and it could be serious... fatal." my dad struggled over his last few words as if he didn't want me to seal my fate.

"Coulson said I was ready. Even May said I was ready. I can do this Dad." I said.

"It's your first mission." he said, his frown deepening.

"And everyone is going to be there to see that I am ready to be out in the field more. A field agent." I smiled triumphantly. 

It was finally time to prove myself as a SHIELD agent.

I couldn't be happier.

"Your still my little girl." 

"Dad! I am going to be fine. It's a simple extract information mission. Nothing will go wrong." I sighed in frustration.

"You-" he started.

"I'll still be your little girl dad... but it's time for you to let me grow up. Experience somethings on my own."

"Ward. ______." Coulson's familiar voiced announced from behind me. "Ready?" he asked as I turned around to face him.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I smiled, throwing a small smile over my shoulder at my father before following Coulson out of the door.

- - - - 

"On your six!" Skye shouted.

But everything happened so fast.

All I could think about was the searing pain.

Not once.

Not twice.

But tree bullets.

Two to the sternum.

One to the chest. Missing my heart by a heart beat.

"______!" Skye screamed as she shot at the Hydra agents behind me.

She rushed to my side. Falling to her knees as she assessed my wounds and quickly attempted to apply pressure to my wounds.

"Guy. It's _____ it's really bad. T-there's so m-much b-blood." Skye hiccupped through her falling tears.

"It's okay Skye. Please don't cry for me. Smile for me." I said, a tear rolling down my cheek, as I lifted a shaking hand to rub away the tears streaming down her cheeks.

There was a flash of bullets fired before not one but all of the team surrounded me...apart from my dad.

"Where's my dad?" I coughed.

"_______!" came a distressed scream, followed by heavy booted sprinting footsteps before Fitz and Simmons were pushed aside as he fell to his knees on the other side of my body.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered, tears rushing out further.

"It's okay.

It's okay.

You're going to be okay." he spoke out, lifting my hand in his and holding it to his cheek as tears welled up in his eyes.