Grant Ward (part 2)

(I know lots of you... at least I think... well... I know some of you have been asking me if I could possibly do a part two... so here it goes... hope you all like it :) )

My heart rate was dropping.

34...

I gulped.

26...

"Ward?! Phil?!" I cried out.

15...

"Grant?!" I cried out, tears streaming down my cheeks.

9...

I was too weak to sit up and fell onto my back.

5...

My vision was blurring. Someone stepped into my decreasing line of sight.

"Ward?" I whispered, just as my vision went black.

0...

- - - -

"Come on ____ wake up for me. Let me see those beautiful eyes." a familiar voice said.

I could feel a tight grasp on my hand, occasionally followed my a moist sensation being pressed to my knuckled.

Lips.

A kiss.

"Ward... you should have some rest." Jemma's familiar voice called.

"I can't leave her... I should have protected her..." he cried out, his hold on my hand tightening further.

If I could I would have even fallen to my knees in pain from the grip on my hand... but I just felt numb.

"She wouldn't want to see you like this." she said.

"Jemma is right." Fitz's familiar voice said, obviously entering the room as a closing door sounded behind him.

"I will be twenty minutes my love, don't wake up without me." Grant whispered before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Do you think she will wake up?" Fitz asked.

"Of course she will. She will miss us too much." Jemma said, with too much enthusiasm in her tone of voice she almost sounded sarcastic.

"But its been two weeks." Fitz said.

What?!

I groaned at the feeling of an uncomfortable mattress.

I could smell the familiarity of the medical room where I have been all too often with wounds from both training and the field.

I could feel the thin material that covered my body, the stiffness of the medical ground.

My mouth felt dry and I knew my voice would be cracked and croaky.

My body was damaged.

My eyes fluttered open to be greeted by a blinding light.

"Can someone please turn the light off?" I croaked out.

"____?" Jemma exclaimed in surprise.

"She must of heard us talking about how long she has been out for." Fitz said as he grabbed me a glass of water.

"You know I hate being out of action for too long." I smiled, after gulping on the water.

"I'll go get Ward." Jemma said, as Fitz began to help me into a comfortable sitting position.

"I bet I look a mess?" I asked.

"No you look as beautiful as ever." Fitz smiled.

"I feel a mess."

"What I meant is you look as beautiful as anyone could pulling out of a two week coma." he snickered.

"Cruel Fitz cruel." I giggled.

"_____!" Ward exclaimed, wrapping his arms tightly around me as he rushed to my side before remembering my current state and releasing his hold slightly.

"Hey." I smiled, brushing my hand over his freshly shaved jaw.

"Took your time." he teased.

"Love to keep you waiting." I smirked.

"Where's Phil? I want to know when I can g-" I started.

"No. Ah ah ah" Grant chided.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"You are on bed rest until you are back to full fitness." he said.

"Yes mother." I saluted.

He rolled his eyes, before smiling broadly at me.

Oh how I have missed his smile.