Christmas Special

A/N: Was supposed to publish this earlier but my heart broke for my cousin. Anyways, here is the short Christmas Special as promised. I recommend listening to the Instrumental Version of Christmas Tree by BTS' V for the first part of the story then an orchestral version of Tattoo by Loreen once Catalina meets up with her friends by the Gauntlet. Yes, Orchestral version. I'll leave down a link in the comment section if you guys want to take on that recommendation. Here are some guides to help you guys through with whatever the hell I made up for this chapter.

Thyrmhagan - this fanfiction's equivalent to Christmas. (I know Thyrm is from Norse myth but Thyrmhagan sounded so cool. Fun fact: Thyrm is an ice giant from Norse myth and I played around with the name Hakan and boom, you get Thyrmhagan. Take it, or leave it.)

Permiane - a celebration in Basgiath where Dragons along with riders put on a show. (I read somewhere that Aine means brightness or fire, then permia came from the Permiane age. The age basically began under ice age then climate changed happen, it got hot yada yada then extinction. I played around with those two so yeah, yoy guys get Permiane. Again, take it or leave it. Try researching around the internet for a better explanation hehehe)

See at the Media Section above for Catalina's outfit. It's a very quick sketch, please bear with it.

On with the Christmas special! Merry Christmas everyone!

_________

"As soon as this war is over, I'll talk with your father about us. Until then, stay safe love, Happy Thyrmhagan."

- Recovered Correspondence of Cadet Brennan Sorrengail to Lady Catalina Kozivar of Calldyr

Christmas Special

"I am sorry to inform you that....Cadet Brennan Sorrengail has passed. Naolin tried reviving Sorrengail but failed. We commend both their souls to Malek."

No.

He can't be dead.

"He promised!" Philip held me back, either from attacking the messenger or from collapsing to the floor or maybe both.

"Brennan!" Catalina called out still half asleep as she clawed her blanket. The ceiling of her dorm in Basgiath greeted her.
She groaned once she realized she dreamt of the day she was told of Brennan's death. The dragon rider stared at her ceiling for a few more minutes before covering her face with a pillow once she realized what day today is.

Winter has struck, snow fell on Basgiath's grounds just a few days ago signalling the start of the snow season, and today is Thyrmhagan.

It's her third Thyrmhagan out of the many she won't be celebrating with her family once she graduates and the fifth Thyrmhagan without Brennan. The only thing that brightened Catalina's mood up was that it's the first Thyrmhagan she will spend with Violet here on Basgiath under the same quadrant.

Catalina mentally counted down to 10 before she forced herself to get up from her bed, she took a bath, making sure to take her time and take care of her waves properly — a luxury she doesn't have when she's running to get to training, which happens often.

She got out of the showers and took out her outfit for the day. The school might not look like it, but they actually celebrate Thyrmhagan.