Chapter Fourteen

A/N: Thank you guys for waiting on me and my slow ass😭❤ I will upload a map of Calldyr and Caldore. I kinda tweaked the map Rebecca provided us with just a little bit. Also, I will be posting a video on tiktok containing portrayers of my following OCs: Augustus Kozivar, Andrew Kozivar, Silvia Kozivar, James Kozivar, Philip Kozivar, and our very own Catalina. I will be uploading a picture of them here on wattpad too, but that would be after finishing act 1/the first part of the fanfic which is based on Fourth Wing.
We're halfway through you guys!! If I'm not mistaken there is only 7 chapters left. I forgot there's already a named Executive for second wing so I changed Alexis to Tyvon. Sorry for the confusion.

I haven't pre-ordered Onyx Storm yet, I'll probably order last minute again. If you are confused, I merged the previous Author's Note with Chapter Fourteen since my OCD is getting triggered. 

In response to the Great War, dragons claimed the western lands and gryphons the central ones, abandoning the Barrens and the memory of General Daramor, who nearly destroyed the Continent with his army. Our allies sailed home and we began a period of peace and prosperity as the provinces of Navarre united for the first time behind the safety of our wards, under the protection of the first bonded riders.

—Navarre, an Unedited History
by Colonel Lewis Markham

"I came for my daughter." Andrew Kozivar, a dark haired and well built man, said as soon as the door revealed General Lilith Sorrengail.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, your grace?" The General asked, not minding his choice of greetings.

"Greetings, General. I came for my daughter." Andrew repeated, his eyes looked into the General's as if commanding her. 

"And who is your daughter your grace?" Lilith asked as she stepped around her desk and sat down her chair.

The woman knows perfectly well who he is asking for, the girl his son almost married if he had not died. However, Lilith also knows that the girl had other priorities more important than serve an audience with her father when she entered this Academy.

The girl is not only a noble at this point in her life, she's an asset to the military power of Navarre, units are already eyeing her as a lieutenant. With unit heads fighting over her and Riorson, they cannot allow the girl to be distracted from her military training.

She allowed the paperworks from Calldyr to come come through the gates of Basgiath for the girl to do, but she won't allow anymore than that. Only the most idiotic General in Navarre's history would let a rider like Catalina Kozivar go.

She has to serve in the military. She must.

"Cadet Kozivar. I came for Cadet Kozivar, General Sorrengail." Andrew sighed, he came here as fast as he could to see his daughter and here is Lilith, playing games with him.

"I am not playing games with you Andrew." Lilith stated, already know what is going inside the Duke's mind. "I am simply following the regulations in this school. Surely you of all people would understand what its like to be bind by rules and laws, your grace."

"And you, of all people," He stood up from the sofa, "should know what is need to be done Lilith." Andrew said in a matter of fact tone. He kept his hands inside his pockets as he stared down the General who sat straight in her chair.

"And that is, what exactly, your grace?" Lilith raised an eyebrow.

"To serve the people."

"Cadet Kozivar is currently serving the people, the nation, and the country by being a rider."