Chapter Seven

I will not die today.

—Violet Sorrengail’s personal addendum
to the Book of Brennan

Even if you're gone, I'm gonna fly
Recovered Unsent Letter of Cadet Major Kozivar's to Brennan Sorrengail

It's been a while since Catalina hung out with Violet and Dain. One would think that while trying her best to survive at a war college, her duties as a noble would leave her alone. It did not. She wasn't sure if this was even allowed, and if it is, why?

Her father sent her a ton of paper work concerning family affairs and charity work proposals that needs to be submitted the day after tomorrow. Can't he really cut her some slack? She's not only trying to keep herself alive but everyone under her wing and those she cares for as well, which can be considered the whole quadrant at this point — the whole of basgiath even, the woman socializes like how a butterfly dances around a garden, from one group of flower to another.

Catalina loves serving her people, playing with the kids and gardening with the women in the villages are what she always do when their family is out for their monthly charity work. The people loved House Kozivar for they actually take action and cares for those under their rule, the members of the family loved socializing. It's like helping is in their nature. She would love to continue her charity work someday, but she really need to focus on her 3rd year or she'll die and everything she did for the past two years will be for nothing.

She groaned. The young woman looked out her window, looking at the night sky.

'A little break wouldn't hurt. I'm almost done with the paper works anyways.'

Catalina stood up and smoothed out her night gown. The moon is out, there are fewer stars than there was yesterday from her observation, but the wind sure is colder.  She needs to rest for a moment, take a few minutes to calm down.

Whenever she needs to calm down, she always checks her past correspondences. She knelt down and reached for the box full of Brennan's letters under her bed. There are three boxes in there, one for her family, one for her friends, and one for Brennan.
She sat down on her bed and opened the container. Inside are letters from Brennan and a copy of her replies. All arranged, every single letters are arranged from the most recent to the very first letter she sent to him and received from him.

She took one of the last ones he sent before he entered the academy as well as her replies to them.

My Rose, Catalina Kozivar

Hope this letter finds you before I march to Calldyr on the night of full moon! I've been dreaming about spending a day with you that's as sweet as your voice, as warm as your hugs, and as bright as your mind. So, here's a little idea:

How about a picnic? Picture this – a blanket, some tasty treats, and the two of us surrounded by nature's beauty. We can go around trying out new trails around your forest area as well! Assuming you haven't explored every inch of the forest out of curiosity yet. If you have, take me out on a tour my lady, I'll blindly follow you even if you lead me off a cliff to look at an interestingly coloured/shaped flower you find.

I can already imagine us sharing giggles, munching on our favorite snacks, and making unforgettable memories under the sun, who knows, if you are allowed until after sunset we can go star gazing as well. It's like a mini adventure, just for us! What do you think? Can we turn this dream into a date? I promise it'll be filled with smiles, love, and maybe a surprise or two.