Three

"Boo!"

"AHH WHAT THE FUCK?!" Wonwoo shrieks in pure horror. Mingyu had just creeped up on him, while Wonwoo was lost in his daydreams. Mingyu giggles, and Wonwoo loves to see it. A smile slowly makes its way to his lips. "Why did you do that?" He asks.

"Felt like it."

"I don't like to start my day this way. Especially on a damn Monday."

"Oh well, sorry then." Mingyu pouts. Again, really adorable.

Disappointedly, the professor soon makes an entrance into the class, and stretches his neck to check whether the new student, aka Mingyu, was sitting in the correct place. He seems to catch Wonwoo's slight smile as well, immediately pointing it out. "Oh Wonwoo! didn't expect you to warm up to Mister Kim this fast. That's good!"

The entire class's heads turn their way, where a blushing Wonwoo (strictly out of embarrassment) grins sheepishly, and a giddy Mingyu beams back. "Can y'all look ahead? You can stare at them later." The professor cuts the apparent murmurs of the students when a snicker, somewhere from the middle benches, is heard.

"Gods, Mingyu, beware of the shitty rumours and teasing you're about to receive the moment you leave the class." Wonwoo warns, rolling his eyes.

"You'll be there too to hear them."

"You wish."

"Nooo, don't be like that! I'm new, I don't know my way around here!"

"Ask Seokmin."

Mingyu visibly cringes in his chair. "The noisy one? No, thanks." Wonwoo laughs loudly, again, catching the class's attention. "Sorry." He yelps.

Out in the hallway, after class, Wonwoo is trying to stick to the doorframe of his classroom to avoid being the centre of embarrassment once more. And then there's Mingyu ushering him to move forward. "You can go ahead if you want!" Wonwoo hisses, as Mingyu quickly shakes his head. There was plenty of time for the break to end, and Wonwoo is determined to not make a fool of himself today (which is never going to happen).

Once the crowd has cleared a bit, Wonwoo decides to step out, but Mingyu beats him to it. He moves in front of Wonwoo and holds out his hand. "Take it and follow me. I at least know my way to the cafeteria." He says, and Wonwoo complies. He grabs Mingyu's ridiculously huge palm, as Mingyu begins to pull him out of the classroom.

Lo and behold, Wonwoo actually manages to reach the cafeteria without a hassle, he's never been more glad for Mingyu. "Woah. I really didn't land in a mess." He's surprised, to say the least. Mingyu chuckles, sitting down across the table to begin eating.

Wonwoo is exiting the building, when he sees Seungcheol with that Blondie from last week again. Wonwoo scoffs. Who does Blondie think he is? His attention still fixed on Seungcheol and Blondie, Wonwoo slams face first into someone, and is about to bring them down with him. He braces himself for the hard contact with the floor, but instead, he finds a firm hand on his waist, holding him back from falling.

"Damn, someone actually fell for me." Mingyu jokes, still stuck in the position with his arm around Wonwoo.

Wonwoo's eyes widen when he recognises Mingyu's voice, shimmying out of his arm once Mingyu's grip loosens.

"Oh- uhm-" Wonwoo clears his throat. Mingyu laughs at how flustered Wonwoo is, and takes his hand to go home.

Most of the time on the way home, Wonwoo is silent and still red in the face. Mingyu snorts all of a sudden, as Wonwoo's eyes divert to him. He narrows his eyes when he sees Mingyu trying hard not to laugh. "Shut up." Wonwoo grumbles. That's when Mingyu actually bursts into peals of laughter.

"You're still carrying that face from earlier." Mingyu manages to gasp out between his laughs.

"What face?"

"Flustered and blushing."

"No i'm not-"

"Look me in the eye and say that." Mingyu is near to tears as he speaks.

"Whatever. I regret ever letting you sit next to me."

"Whatever you say."

That earns Mingyu a loud slap on the back of his head, which gets him muttering little 'sorry's. As much as Wonwoo wants to rub his head to ease the pain, he doesn't, because a pouting Mingyu is a really cute sight to see.

"Aww, I'm sorry." Wonwoo says, actually patting Mingyu's head so he feels better. He's delighted to see Mingyu's canines pop out through the wide smile he wears.

---

This book is basically a cliché dump for me.